April 1, 2011

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

I tried out NaBloPoMo in December and missed it by about 2 days of not posting. I've decided I'm going to try again for April. The "official" theme for April is 'sprout.' I guess in a way, my idea fits - I feel inspired by little things right now - everyday things that happen that spur me to write. So, that's going to be my sort-of theme for April, ideas that sprout from moments, but really anything goes.

*****

So in the last month, we have pretty much all had strep throat except Danny. My throat got all sore again on Monday, but it is much better now. Justin, on the other hand? The penicillin they gave him did not eradicate the strep throat he had and it came back with a vengeance on Tuesday. I am not even kidding, his left tonsil was the size of a walnut. Horrible. So, he got some better antibiotics, and he's on the mend. He did miss work yesterday and today, and it seems like he was even worse the second time around. Hopefully this time the medicine will really get this bacteria OUT of our house!

*****

Sam's Kindergarten registration paperwork came in the mail this week. HOW DO I HAVE A FIVE YEAR OLD?! I don't even know. It's insane. I look at him and I just can't believe I'm a parent to a kid that age. He'll be five in a month, and Danny will be one. Crazy.

*****

One of my friends has recently become a consultant for Arbonne. She is a really cool woman who is trying to remain a stay at home mom while still providing for her family. Normally I don't host parties for friends who do this kind of thing, but after hearing about Arbonne and their products, I hosted a party last weekend. It was SO much fun! Here is the beauty of Facebook. The people who attended were: a friend I've known online for 2 years but never met, a woman I went to high school with who I haven't actually seen SINCE HIGH SCHOOl, my Mom, and a friend from a local Moms group. Talk about a mixed bag. It was awesome though. And they have amazing incentives for first time buyers. I am going to get a HUGE box this week with all the stuff my Mom and I ordered. I am probably most excited about the FC5 Mattifying Powder (I gets shiny, yo), the Self Tanning Spray (my legs are an unholy shade of white, and it's getting warmer), and the Hydrating Eye Cream (EYE BAGS BEGONE). I'm going to be hosting a 'virtual party' soon, so if you might be interested, let me know. They really are a cool company, all pure and natural and green. Check 'em out!

*****

I walked around downtown this week and took a bunch of photos. I'll post more on Sunday for Weekly Winners, but here are a couple.

IMG_1636

This next one I just happened to catch, I saw the bike cop, then the soldiers, then they met up and started talking and joking around. It was just a cool sight to see.

IMG_1644

IMG_1693

*****

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I am excited because my sister's coming up Saturday and her boyfriend (who is awesome) on Sunday, so it's going to be awesome! Now I better be off to visit the other Friday Fragmenters!

3 comments:

lisleman said...

Kids growing up fast - it's been happening forever. There are so many ways of recording much of it today. I really like the picture of soldiers and police - and the street mural - what a combo. all the best.

Tettelestai said...

aaah, love seeing men in uniform, great photo!

i hate strep throat, i always get it. i hope you all are well on the mend and never get that yucky again!! i really like the column you captured, that is just beautiful!

Jene said...

Strep has been going around daycare for the past few weeks and we've been spared thus far (knock on wood!).

My kid isn't even three yet, and I'm already lamenting the fact that he's growing up so fast. I don't even want to think about kindergarten :(