October 3, 2008

Trying to Let Go

Haiku Friday

I have to let go
life is complicated now -
well, it always is

Instead of worry
and stress, I'll try to enjoy
time off from working

Instead of anger
I'll try to let go, to see
the positive side

Now, I will try to
live from the example I
heard this week - it's good

Focus on love, on
light and moving on, instead
of mem'ries and dark

Things happen. There are some things I can talk about here - our bankruptcy, losing my job, worry about how much we owe in taxes for last year. Some, I can't talk about in detail except to say that my Dad and Stepmom are getting divorced and there are a LOT of feelings there and a lot of details. There's disappointment, anger, blame, sadness, all floating around. So, here's my resolution for right now.

I will try to let go of my anger. Instead I will try to focus on my family - my Dad, Stepmom and little sister. I will try to focus on love and building my future relationships with each one of them, and as much as possible try to let the past go and move towards the happiness I know each of them will achieve someday.

I will try not to stress out about being unemployed. I will try in earnest to get a new job, I will search and apply and interview. But for the time being, instead of being stressed out, I will enjoy the time off from work and not having to have that extra responsibility for a few weeks (or however long it takes).

It's not always easy to do these things. But I'm going to try. What are you trying in your life right now?

To read more Friday Haikus, click here!

12 comments:

Korie said...

It sounds like you've definitely fallen n hard times. But your attitude is positive and that is a good direction to head off in. Good luck.

Amanda said...

A positive attitude is the most important thing to have in any situation and it sure sounds like you've got one! Keep your head up and good luck on the job hunt!

Cathy said...

It's so hard to stay positive in hard times--I'm not the best at it, that's for sure. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been handed so much to deal with. A positive attitude will go miles in helping you and those around you, but I know how difficult it can be to keep your head held high and that smile in place. Hang in there.

Honey Mommy said...

What a good attitude! Good luck in the months to come. I hope things get better.

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for trying to be positive. We have been through the hard financial times before and staying positive was one of the hardest to do.

Anonymous said...

Your attitude will pull you through. Sounds like a whole bunch of really difficult and, frankly, sucky, things going on all at once. I did enjoy my unemployment for awhile, but that was because I knew I'd easily get another job, and I do hope the same will be true for you - after you take a little time to just relax and breathe a little. Sounds like you deserve some time to yourself. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I love the sentiment behind your 'ku. I want to focus on those things too, instead of the down stuff that has happened in the last few months.

Follow the light, it can only lead to good things!

Kori said...

Feel what you feel and move on; that is one of my many mottos. You can either take the bad and use it to keep you down and discourages, or you can use it as a stepping stool to get just a little closer to get where you want to be. I love so much hearing about your struggles AND triumphs, because I feel like I know you and it helps me, too.

Anonymous said...

My husband was laid off 14 weeks ago. That alone has been a lot to deal with. I can't imagine family stress on top of it!

Keep your chin up. Staying positive isn't always easy. I've had my own ups and downs with it. Be patient with yourself and allow yourself some time to be angry/sad. Set a time limit and work through it.

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

indeed. anger and frustration aren't helpful after all. good luck. i wish you all the best.

Rachel said...

Your attitude is wonderful.
Keep it up, I'm sure there are good things coming your way!

Thank you for putting up the Ta Tas button!!! Looks great up there.