September 16, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.


~ So I am going to be even more random than normal this week because I'm flipping tired and I need to go to bed even though it's not even 10:30. Gah. Somehow Justin working 120 hours this week (seriously, he is pulling his 3rd overnight in the last 2 weeks tonight) is making ME tired.

~ WHY are they remaking Footloose? WHY?! And Andie MacDowell is going to be the Reverend's wife. BARF. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here, but she is high on the list of actors/actresses I just can't stomach. You know we all have them. My top 2 are her and Gary Busey.

~ Michael Cera always plays the same guy in every movie. But I don't care, because I like that guy.

~ Danny had his 4 month dr. appointment on Monday. He's only in the 10th percentile for weight now at 12 lbs 12 oz, but he's in the 50th for height & head size. We got a referral to Children's for the GI department. It turns out no one knows why we got referred to the surgery dept the first time, it seems to have been a giant mis-communication somewhere.

~ Thanks to Andy at Finding Fairytales for sharing this picture.

It is so weird, and I love it.

~ I want to go to this place, BAD. Echo Park Time Travel Mart.

~ Casey has a bun in the oven. SQUEEEE.

~ I quite enjoy Wil Wheaton's blog. This week, he posted something that made me laugh and I need to share it. It's awesome.



~ BarnMaven at
Clean Shavings wrote this really good post this week about Newt Gingrich, ignorance, and the supposed Ground Zero Mosque. Please go read it. I agree wholeheartedly, and she says it so well.

~ If you missed it, earlier this week I posted about Mockingjay and 13 Movies I Want to See this fall. I want to know what you thought of the book, and which movies you're looking forward to. I also wrote a little bit about my experiences as an advocate for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services and the unexpected memories that stick with me.


6 comments:

EverydayKathy said...

Visiting from Friday Fragments. Loved your post! You took me places I had never been and will visit again! Thank you!

And right on about the Mosque!

The Original Bean said...

LOVE Michael Cera, even if he is the same person over and over again :)

Thanks for the link to the mosque story. I think the focus of the story needs to be that America is supposed to be a land of religious tolerance, and WTF kind of example are we setting for the rest of the world? The whole situation just disgusts me, and I say that as a person whose family was deeply affected by the events of 9/11.

Everyone is talking about Mockingjay all of a sudden. I might need to look into it.

Mighty M Family said...

Love the Will Wheaton poster - too funny! I hope you can get some rest this weekend!!

Shana Dumblond said...

Haha! Good stuff. That time travelers' mart is so cool. I love the pic of the slushy machine with the sign "machine out of order. Come back yesterday"
And holy heck! What is with the fat cat torpedo?!

won said...

120 hours in one work week?

I can't imagine!

Kristin_The_Goat said...

I love Four Weddings and a Funeral with the exception of Andy. I'm not a fan either. I had to google Michael Cera, I didn't recognize the name, but I did absolutely recognize the face. I've only ever seen him in Juno, but I liked him in that quite a bit.

Kristin - The Goat
via FF