June 25, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post. Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

~ Remember when I did that Birthdaypalooza thing for May? Well, I meant to post some sort of wrap-up for it. And then I didn't. Oops. I thought it was a lot of fun, and maybe I'll get a chance to do another one sometime in the future. I would love to do it with different themes! It was great to see how different people interpreted it etc. I hope you liked it too!

~ I also never wrote about the last couple of episodes of Glee. You know, that show that I am totally in love with. Oh, it's soooo good! I liked how they intermingled Bohemian Rhapsody with the birth scene. I was glad that they didn't overdramatize the birth scene, in my opinion. And I love Sue Sylvester so much. For so many things. Like this line: "Your hair looks like a briar patch. I keep expecting racist, animated Disney characters to pop up and start singing about living on the bayou." And then, for voting for New Directions and giving the program another year.

~ So, a couple weeks ago my husband told me about/sent me a link to this article regarding breastfeeding grown men in Saudi Arabia. Okay, I totally get the thing about breastfeeding a nephew or a best friend's baby boy so that you can have that familial relationship according to the laws or whatever. But seriously? The rest of it is just... bizarre. The best part of the whole thing, which I totally agree with is this:

"The whole issue just shows how clueless men are," blogger Eman Al Nafjan wrote on her website. "All this back and forth between sheiks and not one bothers to ask a woman if it's logical, let alone possible to breastfeed a grown man five fulfilling breast milk meals.

"Moreover, the thought of a huge hairy face at a woman's breast does not evoke motherly or even brotherly feelings. It could go from the grotesque to the erotic but definitely not maternal."


~ My friend Todd posted this photo on his blog, Iced Tea and Sarcasm, a little while ago.


It totally blows my mind. That is a photo of a sinkhole in Guatamala. If you do a Google image search, you'll find more pictures. They all look like they are totally fake from some disaster move that I'd really enjoy. But they're REAL. Holy cow.

~ So, my blog's not that big or anything. But I periodically get emails from PR people. The most recent was an email with a link to some website that was trying to tell me how to make dishwasher lasagne. No, you hear me right. COOK LASAGNE IN THE DISHWASHER. WHY??? Why would I EVER want to do that? I wouldn't.
~ I finally read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins after about 100 people recommended it to me. It was SO GOOD I had to rush to Barnes & Noble to buy the 2nd book. While I was there, I burst out laughing because I saw a ribbon sticker on a truck like those Breast Cancer/Support Our Troops etc. stickers. It was blue and said "Support my Balls".
~ Danny is almost 6 weeks old. I have been remiss in not posting more, and totally missed the one month milestone. I'm hoping that now that I'm back in the game I'll be here more regularly.

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

That sinkhole is CRAZY.
GLEE--loved it and have even been watching it over again.
Breastfeeding men? Just to sick to even click over! ewwww

Thanks for linking up this week!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Well I was brave and I did click over to the breastfeeding article - all I can say is - No. Not a chance.

I want to see Glee - but all I've seen is the very first episode. I'm going to have to rent them because I can't watch them on my computer because I'm never NOT using the darned thing to watch anything on it LOL

Have a great week!
Kristin - The Goat