April 28, 2006

Okay, Sam, It Is Seriously Time to Start Thinking About Coming Out of There

Here I am, 4 days until my due date. Still have not had any contractions. Baby has still not dropped. I am officially ready to not be pregnant anymore. I didn't think I would ever get to this point, but here I am! I even walked up a flight of stairs voluntarily today. I am huge and feel like I'm carrying around a few bowling balls on the front of me. I get out of breath from titny things because my lungs are squashed up. And best of all, last night I got up EVERY HOUR to go to the bathroom. That's right. Every hour. 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, all the way until 10:00 when I finally decided to just get up. Argh! Let me rest now before he gets here! That is not in the plans I guess.

The worst thing now, though, is that I am still restless and want to "nest", but everything is already done! There's nothing left for me to get ready. The hospital bag is packed, the crib and changing table are set up, the infant seat is in the car, everything is washed and clean and in it's place. I am so distracted that I can't even read a book. It helps to get out of the house, but the days are going by rather slowly now.

The best news of all is that our bathroom is not yellow anymore! YAY! Kira came up yesterday and painted it for us. We used leftover paint, so it's blue and purple now. Today Justin and I went to the store and got new rugs and a new caddy to hold all of our stuff since we don't have a medicine cabinet. It looks great, and I'm so happy that our house has no more yellow walls!

Not much else to report. I will keep posting. My next doctor appointment is next Tuesday, so if nothing happens before that I'll post another update then!

No comments: