April 30, 2006

It's Definitely a Lazy Sunday

Well, it's Sunday and there are 2 days until baby Sam is due. Today I just feel slightly off. It's hard to sleep at night. The combination of getting up every hour to go to the bathroom and having to change positions doesn't make for a lot of really good sleep. I was in bed for 10 hours last night and still felt exhausted an hour after getting up. I'm so sore when I get up, my back and all my muscles in my stomach. I'm still restless, but I no longer really feel like walking around carrying my bowling ball stomach. Yesterday I was having backaches and felt sick to my stomach for a good part of the day. Also, can I just say that whatever they did to this blog to make the ads appear IN my journal entry is very annoying to me. They could at least put a box around it or something so it's not running into my text.

Since we're almost to our due date, it's time to start thinking about what we want to do if Sam doesn't come in the next week. We have a doctor appointment on Tuesday, and I think the doctor is going to talk to us about induction. He said they don't usually like to let people go more than a week over because of various risks, including a big baby. I've been reading a little bit about induction and I just don't know what I want. On one hand, I am definitely ready for this baby to come. But on the other, despite my discomfort, I still want things to happen naturally. I'm concerned about going into hard labor quickly since I haven't had any contractions yet and have no idea what they are going to feel like for me. I'm afraid that by getting induced, I may be less likely to avoid the epidural. Maybe I'll need/want it anyway, who knows? I guess it's just something to think about over the next couple of days.

Some of our best friends moved to a new house this weekend, and we went over there last night. My favorite thing was they have a very big family room in the basement that will be awesome for the kids, and for hanging out. They're coming over in a few minutes to drop off their kids (2 & 4 years old). We had dinner with them last night and thought they might need a few hours without the kids to rest or work on the new house without watching the kids. Hopefully they won't be too rowdy since I'm feeling pretty lethargic. They're usually not too hard to take care of.

Not much else to say for now. I'll keep updating frequently, and hopefully soon I'll have some news about Sam deciding to join us! I think I'm going to go eat something, maybe that will get my energy up and make me feel a little less gloomy!

No comments: