June 1, 2009

I Believe

I believe that Gina Torres is one of the most gorgeous women in Hollywood.

I believe that every woman has the right to make her own choice.

I believe that regret is a waste of time and energy, and that these words from Jonathan Larson's awesome show 'Rent' are totally true: "There's only here, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss."

I believe that the problem isn't how much tv kids watch, but how much interaction they get from their parents, and whether the TV is used as a babysitter.

I believe that the perfect temperature is 72 with a slight breeze.

I believe that trust, compatibility and love are more important than physical monogamy.

I believe that the children are our future. We should teach them well, and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Oh... sorry... moving on...

I believe that there is other life out there in the universe somewhere.

I believe that telling your kids not to hit and then spanking them is counterproductive.

I believe that love knows no bounds.

I believe that it's worth it to lose sleep now to cuddle up with my three year old, because all too soon he's not going to want to hug me at all!

I believe that people are generally good, and that in most situations you can find someone to help you out.

I believe it's better to be too trusting and give people the benefit of the doubt than to be too negative.

I believe that God is love, and that we are all capable of feeling that presence in our life - but we don't always have a choice about when it will happen.

I believe that happiness is more important than money.

I believe that children and animals are smarter and more perceptive than we give them credit for.

I believe that every day is infinitely better if you make someone smile.

I believe that friendships made online are just as valid and strong (in some cases stronger) than friendships made with people in the flesh.

I believe that we should pay more attention to what we put into our bodies, and try to ingest less chemicals and processed stuff.

I believe that I will be with my husband until we are both old and gray, holding hands and talking about the way things were when we were young and how much easier 'kids today' have it.

I believe that cheese and bread is one of the best foods ever.

I believe that I have the ability to choose my own future, and that I can achieve things even if at first they don't seem possible.

12 comments:

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

awesome post!

I do believe I need me some bread and cheese now.

Kori said...

Bread and cheese=manna. I love this post, but I disagree with one thing: if there is not physical monogomy, there also cannot be love and trust. I think they are all parts of a whole.

Unknown said...

I believe in coffee!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Ditto!!!!!!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Beautiful post.

I believe that you are really and truly growing as a writer and photographer and that you should take every opportunity you can to show off your burgeoning talents!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Keep on believing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Myriam said...

Reading your posts makes me feel peaceful. Thank you!
Passing by from the SITS girls.

shelley said...

wonderful post! i believe in "inner peace" and believing in one's self... :)enjoy your day in the sun as sista queen. stop by and say "hi" anytime!
shelley
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com

Marrdy said...

That was great. And that little boy of yours?...I hope he is like my little boy, who just turned 15 and still loves to hug Mommy!

Robin said...

I believe in you....

Maui Mamma said...

that was nice. I think it is good to put down on paper or screen what you believe in from time to time as it grows and evolves.

Trista said...

Wonderful! Thank you!