June 17, 2009

Wednursday Thirteen

I haven't had any time to sit down and write this week, and I can't start something now because I'm home with Sam and I don't know if I'll be able to complete it. Lucky for me, tomorrow I am getting a wonderful day off courtesy of my awesome Mom. In the meantime, my poor neglected blog is sitting here getting annoyed at me. Well, blog, there are always lists. Yes, I realize that it's not Thursday yet. But I am not going to be home this evening (see below) and this is just the perfect post for me to do today. So, I'm just going to pretend that Thursday starts at 3:30 PM on Wed. What are you going to do about it? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Thirteen Random Thoughts This Thursday
  1. Last night I tried to install a new template, and couldn't make it work. Grrrrr. I found one that I like, but it needs a couple of changes. Most of my problems stem from the whole installing a new blogger template without deleting all my widgets thing. It is super annoying. That's what was tripping me up. Also, there is one change I want to make to the design (and by me I mean my husband will do it), which is that it only shows partial posts with a "read more" button at the end, and I'd rather it display the full post. So, look for something new... soon.
  2. Another thing about the blog. That BlogHer ads thing over there? I don't know what to do about it. I am never going to make any money from it, but that's not why I signed up. I signed up for it because of that little "more from BlogHer" section at the bottom. But I wonder if it's worth it. I do like BlogHer and their whole existence, but I don't know if I'm getting any traffic from that thing. To be honest, I rarely click on it unless a title is really grabby. How about you?
  3. I have this other blog. It's called Unconventional Fear. It's about weight loss etc. I am thinking about integrating it here, because it's a big part of my life and I feel like more people would see the posts if they were a part of this blog. So, what do you think? I would still give them all a label so that I could have a button on the side. My second dilemna is that my husband made me an awesome header for that blog, which I love. Any ideas on how to incorporate it somehow if I merge the blogs? Then I would only have ONE blog to worry about. What a concept.
  4. We went and saw "The Taking of Pelham 123" last night. I thought it was pretty good. I thought John Travolta was good in it, and I am always a fan of Denzel Washington. It was sort of a weird movie because of the ending, but I was entertained.
  5. We took Sam to see "Up" at the theater the other night. He did pretty well. I managed not to cry since I was concentrating on trying to teach Sam to whisper and holding his chair down since he's not heavy enough to hold it down by just sitting in it. My favorite part of the whole movie was the dogs. I've also found that lately when I see animated movies, there is something that catches my eye and I can't stop being amazed by how awesome it looks. In Coraline, it was her blue hair. In this one, it was Kevin the bird. Sooooo preeeety.
  6. We got a condolence card in the mail from the vet yesterday, and it made us teary. I still feel like it's not real that Piper's gone. Our other cat, Phoenix, has been sleeping on the couch a lot. I don't know what he thinks.
  7. I am FINALLY going to Seattle tonight to visit my BFF, who I have not seen or really spoken to in 2.5 weeks. Seriously unusual and WAY too long - we have tons to talk about. Tomorrow I am going to go see a friend down there who has been an important person in my life. Unfortunately we have been out of touch and it sounds like she is in pretty grave condition medically. She has been battling different medical problems for several years, and I don't know exactly what's going on right now, but it makes me thankful that I suddenly got the urge to go see her.
  8. Today, I finally finished the laundry. I think that total there were like 8 loads. I think that we own too many clothes, we should NOT be able to pile up so much dirty laundry! It never ends. And I always vow that I'll start doing it every day or something and don't follow through.
  9. I got an e-mail from SITS that my turn is coming up to be the featured blogger. If I could express in words how exciting that is to me, then I would. But I can't. So... that's that I guess. SQUEEEE!
  10. I am totally bummed that I can't go to BlogHer OR the SITScation this year. I just don't have the money. Anyone out there want to sponsor me? Ha. Maybe next year.
  11. I have lost almost 20 pounds in the last 20 weeks on Weight Watchers. I am hovering at 19 pounds b/c I've gotten off track with my exercise and eating enough veggies & fruits the last few weeks. Too much fast food & sitting around. I'm getting back on track this week, and hope to hit that 20. You can read more about the whole journey on Unconventional Fear.
  12. I completed my training to be an advocate for Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Services. I am super excited. It's going to be challenging, but so, so rewarding. I also want to open up to anyone out there who might possibly find my blog and need someone to talk to. My e-mail is rachael1013@gmail.com. I'm sure I'll be writing more about the training and the experience soon, I just haven't had time to get my thoughts down yet.
  13. My son is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Playhouse Disney website right now. Sometimes, the internet is awesome.
So, what random stuff has been going on in your life?

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

7 comments:

brunette trixie said...

I work at a Rape Crisis Center and our volunteers provide such wonderful and important help to our clients and staff. Good luck to you and thank you for becoming a volunteer!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

i've heard so many good reviews about UP, hoping to take my boys to watch it too.
My Thursday Thirteen

Unknown said...

Kudo's for you #12! I applaud you. Great list. Happy T13!

I am Harriet said...

Great listing of the random. I once got a card from the vet. It took me by surprise but, it was nice.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/thursday-thunks-and-13-business-that.html

Carleen said...

I love randomness like this -- it's such a great way to get to know one another better.

I found a really good tutorial on saving your Blogger widgets when changing a template just by searching for it on Google. I wish that I had saved the link, but you should be able to find it fairly easily.

Good luck with the template change.

Anonymous said...

Your random TT thoughts are very very busy. Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. And congrats on your weight loss! :)

Wishing you a scent-sational day!
Patty

http://camerapatty.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/potd-there-are-thirteen-of-them-actually/

Little Nut Tree said...

Here from SITS. I like your blog - love reading random posts like this one!