June 8, 2009

Hometown Swap!

I had read about swaps for a while, and FINALLY got to try one a couple of months ago. I LOVE THEM! So when I read about Shannon's Hometown Swap? I was so excited! I especially liked this one because I didn't know who or where I was getting a package from... until today! When it arrived! YAY!

For the Hometown Swap, we each picked an area of the country we'd never been to or were interested in. My 2 choices were New England & The South. Today the mailwoman delivered my package - all the way from Tennessee! My package came from Melissa, who blogs at Campbell Chatter. Here's the loot:

A Tennessee Titans T-Shirt and a beautiful country style decoration for my house! Plus of course a really nice card from Melissa! To tell you the truth, I am not always one for country style decorations. But I really like this one! It's really cute, and I really love stars. And, the willow tree is my favorite tree! So, I promptly hung it up in my kitchen...

The 'Love' magnet at the bottom is actually separate, but I liked how it looked stuck to the vase, so I left it! It's a little crooked, but I didn't have the patience to fix it right now, because I wanted to come show you all what I got!

I don't watch football much, so from now on I will just root for the Titans, ok? After all, I have the gear!

To see what I sent out from my home town, good old Bellingham, head over to Kat's place at Sunshine & Lemonade!

To see the other awesome things people sent (I can't wait to see!) head over to Shannon at Welcome to the Nuthouse!

On a completely unrelated note, my living room? Totally the transportation hub of Washington.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Oooo... niiiiice! I've always liked willow trees... but have never had in my yard.

Thanks again for participating!


P.S. Go Titans!

Jennifer said...

Great stuff! I can't wait to get my package. :)
Jen

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Very cool. I have always wanted a weeping cherry tree for the front yard. I just can't figure out where to put it. Along with the orchard...and blueberry bushes...and sunflowers...and garden. We live in the shade.

I am thinking I need to do another swap. But I need a theme!

Kori said...

Wow, that is SO neat!

Vicki said...

Woo! Wasn't this a fun swap?

PS - love the color of your kitchen!

Scary Mommy said...

So fun! I love bloggy swaps and Shannon had such a great idea with that one.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

FUN! I love willow trees too!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you liked your stuff. I debated long and hard about what to get you, so I am happy to know it worked out. Thanks for the link to my blog!

O:)
Melissa

Tricia said...

I had so much fun with this swap. Looks like you got a great package!