February 10, 2009

This is IT

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in over a year. I did the treadmill, walked a mile (about 20 min plus warmup/warmdown). It felt so good. I mean, not physically. Physically it made my legs ache and my breath come hard and fast.

I've only been on Weight Watchers for a little under two weeks, but the funny thing is that I already feel better about myself. I'm eating healthier, and it's affecting the way I feel. I am proud of myself, I feel better about the way I'm taking care of myself.

I went to the gym today and realized how good it will feel to be there three times a week. I looked at the huge list of drop in classes that they have, and I got excited about trying some of them out.

I really feel like this is GOING to be my year. I'm starting to have faith again. I'm starting to feel like I really CAN do this, that there is hope. That maybe I'm not doomed after all. And it feels good.

5 comments:

Enz said...

Great news! I think that's the hardest part for us, believing in ourselves. Onward and DOWNward :)

Kori said...

YES! I love this attitude SO much! And am proud proud proud of you for each step you take forward; yes, this is your year.

Midwest Mommy said...

Good for you! I really need to stop talking about doing something and do it.

Bama Cheryl said...

How great! Congratulations on getting to the gym and then feeling good about it and about yourself. You're a great role model. Go for it!

NJDecorator said...

WTG on getting to the gum - one of my many struggles. Hve you seen the WW leader blog - she is wonderful - come over to me and link to her...

Thanks for visiting me on my special SITS day and good luck with your journey.