February 18, 2009

Push

When I first saw the previews for Push, the first words out of my mouth were "I saw that the first time, when it was called Heroes". Of course, that didn't mean I didn't want to see it. I am a pretty big fan of Dakota Fanning, so I'm automatically more likely to see something if she's in it. I've always been really impressed by her, and I'm eager to see what she'll do as she grows up.

I liked this movie. I liked it a lot actually! I am always looking out for a movie that actually has original ideas, something new. The plot was original, and Dakota Fanning and Chris Evans had a good chemistry - sort of a big brother/little sister thing going on. It wasn't a rip off of Heroes, it's a different world. In this world, there are several different powers but all are based on psychic ability (seeing the future, or pushing thoughts on people) or telekenisis (repairing injuries or controlling objects).

There was some interesting camerawork and I really liked the way they did some of the effects related to the psychic powers, particularly to the people able to move objects and repel objects.

It was a good story, the plot had twists, and I didn't know exactly what was going to happen in the end. The ending had enough closure, but definitely left things open for a possible sequel if the movie does well enough. If they make one, I'll definitely be there.

No comments: