February 2, 2009

This Blog is Fab!

At least, that's what Dawn over at Must Love Tots thinks! She bestowed upon me this FABULOUS award:



So exciting! I love it!

So, in order to accept this and to pass it on, I need to list 5 things I'm completely obsessed over and/or addicted to. Fun! So... here is my list.

Fleece Sheets

Someone please explain to me why I had never heard of these until January? I went to visit my Stepmom and she had them on the bed she slept in. Before I flew home, I had a set all packed up in my suitcase. They're on our bed now and both Justin and I love the cozy softness. Awesome!

LOST & Battlestar Galactica

I am totally addicted. I cannot wait to see what happens next every week on both of these shows, and Battlestar is especially enthralling because it's in the final 7 episodes now, and HOW WILL IT END? They HAVE to find a planet, I mean, really they have to. And LOST? Back with a bang. I can't wait to watch it every week and I'm always surprised when it ends because it goes by so fast.

Paperbackswap.com

Have you heard of this?! If you are a reader and book hoarder like me, it is the perfect thing. Mad props to Daisy, who posted a plurk about this, and got me addicted to yet another website. Basically, all you have to do is sign up and add your books. They don't have to be paperbacks, they can be hardcovers or audio books. You list the books you don't need anymore, and other people say they want them. You mail them the books and for each book you mail that someone receives, you get one credit to choose a book someone else has posted. It's awesome! I have used it to get books I had wanted to read for a while, books for my book club, and browsed to find interesting new things to read. You can put ANY book on your wish list, and if it becomes available, it will automatically be held for you for 48 hours until you say if you want it. It's another great way to save money and trade!

Marinated Mozzarella

Okay, well this is obviously going to be short lived because of the new eating plan, but I have been eating a LOT of this lately! Marinated in basil and garlic oil, then I just eat it with slices of baguette. I can still eat it, just in much less quantities. In any case, you should try it because it's heavenly.

Crafts

I have been seriously into some crafty activities lately! Before Christmas I painted and decorated some wooden boxes for my friend's kids and made my own thank you cards with fancy scrapbooking stickers. I did a project recently with Sam's baby blankets- went to goodwill and got some pillows, then used his old baby blankets that are so soft and comfy to cover the pillows. They're on his bed now, and they're great! I just bought stuff the other day to try my hand at doing a mosaic box, and I've been working on some different photo books and making a wedding album for my Mom from her wedding last June. I just love doing these creative things, I'm totally addicted to it lately!

Then I get to pass it along! So... here's to a couple FABULOUS bloggers I love!

Napwarden @ The Chronicles of a SAHM

Carrie @ The Gremlin Wrangler

Auds @ Barking Mad

Aimee @ Greeblemonkey

2 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I'm so gonna try that marinated mozzarella!!! YUM!

Unknown said...

That paperbackswap sounds interesting...I have a ton of books...
Congrats on the award!