May 1, 2008

Pieces of 8

I am thinking about lists. I am a list maker. I like to write all kinds of lists all the time. I love crossing things off my to-do list, and my to-do list gives me a sense of control over my life even though it's just an illusion. Since I started blogging about my friends, I've been thinking about other lists of things I really like. Here's some of what I came up with... And 8 is just a random number I picked because I had the train of thought... lists-numbers-how many?-pieces of 8. If you like Captain Bogg & Salty like I do, you might have that song stuck in your head now.

Favorite Books:
  1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger
  2. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
  3. A Widow for One Year by John Irving
  4. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
  5. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (yes I know a series is sort of cheating, but it's MY list!)
  6. The Homecoming Saga by Orson Scott Card
  7. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
  8. Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony
Favorite Children's Books (Storybooks):
  1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi & Ron Barrett
  2. The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson
  3. Alexander and the Magic Mouse by Martha Sanders and Philippe Fix
  4. The Cinder Eyed Cats by Eric Rohmann
  5. A Story for Bear by Dennis Haseley and Jim LaMarche
  6. The Rainbow Goblins by Ul De Rico
  7. Santa Mouse by Michael Brown
  8. Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola

Favorite Movies:

  1. Jurassic Park
  2. The Day After Tomorrow
  3. Once
  4. Sliding Doors
  5. Bride & Prejudice
  6. Dogma
  7. Sixteen Candles
  8. The Last Unicorn

Favorite Animals:

  1. Red Panda
  2. Pygmy Marmoset
  3. Wombat
  4. Narwhal
  5. Tiger
  6. Lemurs
  7. Tapirs
  8. Horses

Favorite Foods:

  1. Pizza - My VERY favorite is from Marrones in Ardmore, PA
  2. Cheesecake
  3. Garlic Cheese Bread
  4. Tacos - Homemade are my favorite
  5. Bacon
  6. Strawberries - Plain or shortcake
  7. Cheddar Cheese
  8. Caprese - Fresh Tomato, Basil & Mozza... mmmm.....

Favorite Songs:

  1. "Elsewhere" by Sarah McLachlan
  2. "Nightswimming" by REM
  3. "If You Want Me" by Marketa Irglova & Glen Hansard
  4. "I Will Lift My Eyes" (No particular artist)
  5. "Friends Don't Let Friends Dial Drunk" by Plain White T's
  6. "Under African Skies" by Paul Simon & Ladysmith Black Mambazo
  7. "I Don't Know How to Love Him" by Andrew Lloyd Webber (Jesus Christ Superstar)
  8. "Call & Answer" by the Barenaked Ladies
Favorite TV Shows (of all time):
  1. The X-Files
  2. Quantum Leap
  3. SportsNight
  4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  5. Firefly
  6. Grey's Anatomy
  7. Battlestar Galactica
  8. Lost
Favorite TV Shows (currently on):
  1. Lost
  2. Grey's Anatomy
  3. Supernatural
  4. 30 Rock
  5. The Office
  6. Battlestar Galactica
  7. Pushing Daisies
  8. House

1 comment:

missliz said...

Okay, I thought I was a list maker but you definitely have me beat! You go girl!! I will have to work on mine so I can share.