May 2, 2008

I like my house

I like my house for many reasons. It's small, it's cozy, and it's simple. But one of the things I like most is that there is a big picture window in the front of our house that I can sit on the couch and look out. Right outside that window is a tree, which has just started to sprout little chartreuse leaves and delicate pink blossoms. I like this tree because it is a favorite landing place for many birds in the neighborhood. I've seen Robins land on it, and right now there are several little black birds with speckles munching on blossoms outside my window. I don't know what they are despite all of the time I just spent looking online while I should be working. I have also seen several Chickadees today. And my favorite bird, which I've been seeing every day for the past week or so, the Stellar's Jay. So pretty!

No comments: