February 7, 2012

Week 9: Back on Track, Despite Frankenfoot

Current Weight:   236.6
+/- this week:  -0.8
+/- this round:   -13.2
+/- total:    -30.3
Short Term Goal 2:   225.8 (10%)


This week at weigh in I was back on track, mostly.  I didn't lose much, but it was still a loss.  I'm happy with it considering that I had a bit of a stressful week that included unplanned fast food on more than one occasion.

The challenge this week was STRESS.  Last Thursday, Justin had a little accident with his motorcycle when his foot slipped off the pin as he was parking it, and the pin then decided to attack his foot.  When he took off his shoe after getting home, it looked like this:


That is a photo he took at the ER AFTER he had taken Ibuprofin.  When he pulled his sock off at home, it was swollen in such a weird way (see those bumps going out to the sides?) that for at least 10 minutes I was SURE that it was broken.  I may have said "Oh my God" about 20 times.

I called my Mom to come watch the kids so I could take him to the ER.  We decided that chances were it was not broken, but we wanted to get X-Rays just in case and also something for the pain.  Here's me waiting for the 2nd round of X-Rays to come back.  Don't I look happy?


Right before this photo was taken I totally ate Taco Bell.  Not great for points.  The docs said it was not broken, just a really bad sprain.  They gave him a prescription for like 5 Vicodin.  The next few days were stressful, Justin has been in pain and not able to get around really well, and every time something bumps his foot it hurts pretty bad.  He got some crutches on Saturday.  On Monday it was still hurting pretty bad so he went to the clinic after work.  They recommended keeping it elevated as much as possible and gave him a few more Vicodin.  Here's what it looked like last night:


I am calling it Frankenfoot because it's purple.  that bruise goes all the way around his whole foot, plus there's more bruising up on his ankle and on the top and bottom of his foot.  One of the worst parts is that he had just finally gotten his motorcycle fixed and had freedom again not to depend on his boss or the bus for rides to work, and this happened on the 2nd day he rode it to work.  Bummer.

In any case, this made for a bit of a stressful week.  Time spent at doctors plus grouchiness caused by the pain plus taking care of the kids even more than usual because Justin can't do as much = me looking for comfort in the pantry.

Luckily I did okay.  I didn't go too overboard, although I did go over my 49 weekly points by 7.  I went for a walk around our neighborhood on Monday afternoon with Danny in the stroller.  He fell asleep in there, so I got exercise and he got a nap.  Good deal.  I timed how long it takes to walk around this certain loop.  It took 35 minutes, so now I know that I can do that just before Sam gets home on the school bus.  There are a couple of places that I can add extra small loops if I need to add minutes, for instance on Monday I walked for an hour by adding a couple of little detours.  As the weather gets nicer, I think this is something I'll do more often.  I just used Google Maps to map it out, and it's a 1.46 mile loop.  If I do it several times a week, I think it'll be a good routine to establish.  It's challenging because it's really hilly where we live, and the way I do this walk has me going up the biggest hill right at the beginning, so it gets my heart rate up and then I can keep it up.

This week's challenges will be date night on Friday night and my book club on Sunday.  I'm going to save my weekly points for those two occasions and also eat a light breakfast on Sunday.  I'll also just keep portion sizes in my mind, and make sure I only eat what's on my plate instead of grazing from the food that's out.

Here's to a bigger loss this week!

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  30.3 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%) - Met 1/24/12
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
To Go: 76.6 lbs

3 comments:

Teri M said...

Oh man that is a crazy injury!  Yikes!  Glad it didn't break.  Hope he is feeling better soon!! 

Enz said...

Congrats on the loss.  I'm so sorry about Justin! That just sucks. Remember to take care of you (as well as everyone else)! Hugs.

Molly said...

DAMN woman! That is insanely gnarly. I never use that word, but I feel it's appropriate in this situation.