February 28, 2012

Week 12: A Pleasant Surprise

Current Weight:  233.0+/-
this week:  -2.4
+/- this round:   -16.8 (15 pounds down!)
+/- total:    -33.9
Short Term Goal 2:   225.8 (10%)

There was no update last week. I didn't go to a meeting last Tuesday, or get weighed.  The last two weeks have been a little stressful, and last Tuesday was positively gloomy.  It was pouring buckets all day and I just felt really, really yucky.  Combine that with the fact that I had a really bad week eating wise (like 60 points in the red bad - but at least I tracked, right?) and I just didn't feel like going to a meeting.  So, I didn't.

I didn't expect much this week because honestly, I went over my points again last week.  But it seems like I'm sitting a little lower, and I haven't gained.  I lost 2.4 pounds in the last 2 weeks, which is not too bad!  After my last weigh in at 10 weeks, I was feeling down about my progress so far.  It just seems so slow.  So I went back and checked out my weekly updates from last time I stuck with Weight Watchers in 2009 and lost 3 pounds.  And you know what?  I didn't hit -15 pounds until week 13.  When I realized that, I felt better and more motivated because I know that I DID it last time and I can do it again.

This week my two challenges will be date night on Friday and a birthday party on Saturday.  I will use weekly points to have a piece of cake, but I'll try to eat light that day and not graze - only eat from a plate - at the party itself.

I went for a walk yesterday with Danny.  If I get to Sam's bus stop 35 minutes early there's a good loop to walk that gets my heart rate up right away because it starts with a hill.  I may try to do it again today, but it's kind of gloomy so it's possible it will start to rain.  My plans of trying to get up before anyone else and do exercise have not worked out.  Danny is getting up at 5:45 or 6 every day.  If he was sleeping until 7, I might be able to stomach getting up at 6:20, but I can't get up at 5:15 to work out.

A friend invited me to go to Zumba with her, which is something I'd love to do because I used to go and loved it.  I might see if I can work it out with Justin to do that at least once a week, because I really enjoyed it and the activity points really add up with it!

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  33.9 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%) - Met 1/24/12
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
To Go: 73 lbs

3 comments:

Enz said...

You are going at the right pace for you. It's not a race. If you could do that hill walk three times a week you'd be golden :)

Enz said...

Wierd, I did leave you a comment...and I even saw it...oh well. I said you are losing at the right rate for you and if you can do that hill walk 3x a week, you're golden! Keep tracking and keep walking.

Shannon said...

Good for you!

I've never tried Zumba but would like to.  Thought about getting it for the Wii and trying that before I look for a class...