February 14, 2012

Week 10: Meh.

Current Weight:   235.4
+/- this week:  -1.2
+/- this round:   -14.4
+/- total:    -31.5
Short Term Goal 2:   225.8 (10%)


I'll be honest, I was not completely happy with today's weigh in.  I know, I know, it's a good loss.  I guess I just expected at least 2 pounds.  I did well with following my points this week and I got over 20 activity points.  But somehow, it didn't translate to the scale.  Oh well.  Things were going so well for the first seven weeks I'm struggling a little now with it not continuing to go as smoothly.

I think I really need to get into some kind of class or something for exercise.  Walking is great, but it's not enough and I don't really like it.  At least if I'm in a Zumba class or something it's distracting.  Part of the thing is that I can go for walks when I have Danny with me, and lately he'll often fall asleep and nap in the stroller while I walk.  I think I really want to get the Zumba game for the Wii.  It's kind of a crap shoot with the kids though.  It might be something I need to do when Justin's home, which is a little bit limiting.  OR I could go back to that idea of getting up early before everyone else in my house.  I'm just not sure.

This week's challenges are date night tonight, Bunco on Thursday, visiting the zoo on Friday, and possibly staying the night in Seattle next Monday.  Four in one week... not great, especially when I am not feeling as motivated as I could be.  At least the zoo will be plenty of walking and activity.

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  31.5 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%) - Met 1/24/12
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
To Go: 75.4 lbs

3 comments:

Teri M said...

This is your body challenging you, keep fighting back and I bet in another week or two you will see a big loss.  

I almost always try (M-F) to work out in the morning.  It totally sucks, but 1) you get it done and 2) YOU GET IT DONE.  Alone.  There is something about just being done with a workout while you still have the entire day ahead of you that is just so nice.  I highly recommend it (although there are nights when I'm dozing off at 8 pm!!).  :-) 

Enz said...

It's never as fast as we want and I've found the scale has a delayed reaction. It doesn't know it's supposed to give you that magic number on a certain day. Be persistent and consistent - font give up!

Lou Lohman said...

It's not unusual to "plateau" while losing weight.  Stick to your guns.  Keep up the good work.  Have you thought of riding bicycle?  It's been a big help to me - I'm 20 pounds down in 8 months and waiting for hte good weather to come back.  But I FEEL GREAT.  Bike riding is SO healthy.