February 8, 2010

How is my boy so big?

Yesterday, Sam had his first real big-boy, sit in the chair and cooperate (with a pretty awesome cape btw) haircut. Last time he had his hair cut at a salon was when he was 2 and after that it all went downhill. That's when we started buzzing it because we could do it at home and no one else had to hear his screams... and the shorter it was cut, the longer before the next cut.

Last time he had a haircut was late last summer, and we buzzed it at home... but he DIDN'T cry. Somehow, we managed to change it from the clippers feeling bad to 'tickling.' So, it came up the other day when we were with Grandma, and yesterday Justin and I decided to take him to get a haircut.

First, here are a couple of pictures from our fun walk on Friday with Grandma at Boulevard park. I used hair spray that day, and Sam wanted some, so I offered him hair gel instead...

IMG_2501

IMG_2503

IMG_2511

Now here are some pictures from yesterday.

IMG_2526

He was so good! The woman who cut his hair was great too, she talked to him and told him what she was doing and did a great job.

IMG_2531

And the final product - so cute!

IMG_2541

IMG_2543

It's always amazing how much older they look just after a haircut, isn't it?

IMG_2545a

7 comments:

Melissa aka Equidae said...

what a lovely boy

Unknown said...

It is so worth the money to have someone else cut the kids' hair. I used to do my son's hair too but I got tired of a bald boy.
Sam was rocking that longer style though.

Enz said...

I love little boys with a fresh haircut...they are just so cute and really do start to look like little men.

My "baby" is going to be 13 in a few weeks....now his hair is longer than mine and convincing him to cut it is impossible.

You gotta pick your battles at this age, so I think he's going to win this wone.

Megan R. said...

He is SO cute! Thanks for showing me the end of the screaming will happen eventually, cause I had lost all hope for Carson!

Kori said...

This is funny in that Owen had a haricut yesterday, too, and had the same cape. It is always stunning to see them grow older in an instant, with just a haircut!

Mrs. M said...

Looks good. But yes, a hair cut adds years to a kids age!! :)

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh my goodness....how adorable!!