February 6, 2007

Five Down, Eleven to Go

Sam just went down for a nap, so I thought I'd take a minute to post a little update. We are doing okay without Justin, although I am sick, which is making me tired. Sick and tired. Ha. I think Sam might have a little bit of a cold too, but he's handling it fine.

Sam went to his Grandma's house last weekend. Friday night I hung out with Brooke, and then I spent all day Saturday by myself. I went to the movies, the mall, and hung out at home and got a few things done, like updating Sam's baby book and finishing a letter that I was writing. It was really nice to spend time by myself, and it definitely left me feeling refreshed before getting Sam back.

Last night Kira came and hung out with us for a while and we ordered pizza. It was great to see her, it's been a while and she was very impressed by Sam's standing up skills! We had plans to go out today with Brooke and Dave but we decided to move it to Thursday, so after Sam's nap I'll probably pack us up and maybe just head over to the mall or something just to get out of the house for a couple of hours.

Sam is doing pretty well. I can't wait to see how tall he is at his doctor appointment on Thursday morning! I'm also not looking forward to having this appointment alone because he's a lot more curious now than he was at the last one. I know he's not just going to sit on the table, and that he's going to want to play with the paper. So, we'll see how it goes! He also has shots, which is never fun.

Yesterday he got up at 7:30 (too early for me!), but then he took a long nap around 11, so that was good. He didn't go to bed until 10:30 last night, and got up at 8:00 this morning! Now it's 1:00 and he's still awake even though I know he's tired. I just put him down in his crib and told him it's nap time, and I thought he'd gone to sleep but I can hear him cooing in there, so I guess he's still awake! Hopefully he'll fall asleep and take a nap for a couple of hours - I think he needs it.

I was SO tired this morning when he woke up, I think mainly because of being sick. I went to bed around midnight last night, so not too late. My nose is really stuffy and I just feel kind of icky - just some kind of cold I guess. This morning we went downstairs and I laid on the floor on a blanket while he played. I actually drifted off a couple of times and got 2 short naps while he played and watched Dora and Blues Clues, and felt a lot better afterwards!

That's about all that's going on here! I can't believe Justin's been gone for less than a week, for some reason it feels like longer. Next weekend Mom is coming down to stay and help out (yay!), so that will be nice, especially since last time she came down she watched Sam, but we didn't spend much time together.

No comments: