February 8, 2007

9 Month Checkup

Sam had his 9 month checkup this morning. He is only 17 pounds, which is still only in the 3rd to 5th percentile for weight. His height is up to 29 inches, and his height and head circumference are both in the 75th percentile. Developmentally, everything is right on track, and he is doing well with already pulling himself up etc. From what I've read and what the doctor said, now is the time when babies start to have stranger anxiety, but I haven't really noticed anything with Sam. He was only down for one shot today (which was a pleasant surprise, since he's had 4 at every other appointment so far!), but we decided to give him a flu shot too. Normally right now is a little late in the year to do it, but since there's been a big flu outbreak here and a 7 year old little girl died, the doctor recommended it. In any case, he only had one leg poked this time. He did SUPER with the shots too, even though I (AGAIN) forgot to give him Tylenol before hand. He cried during the shots, but as soon as I picked him up he started sniffling and turning back to his normal color, then he was fine. So, the whole appointment went pretty well.

I'm having a little bit of a hard day today. Maybe it's because Justin has been gone for a week now. Plus I'm really tired. I have been having trouble falling asleep (partly because I'm sick I think) and Sam woke up at 3 and needed a bottle, then I was awake until 4 and then he woke up crying at 7, but I just let him put himself back to sleep. Then I had to wake up at 8:15 to get ready to go to the doctor. I'm feeling really tired and sort of lonely. One week down, two more to go... luckily my Mom is coming down to help out and stuff this weekend. That will be nice.

No comments: