December 15, 2010

What Will You Read Next?

It's that time of year again! It's December 15 and I am fairly far from reaching my ongoing goal of reading 52 books a year. As of today, I'm up to 36 (one less than I managed last year) but I may still manage another one or two before the end of the year. I've started a list of books I want to read next year. I've also posted my "Read It Someday" list, and I chose some books from there for this list. As always, I am happy to get suggestions! This year I read The Hunger Games series and The Help on recommendations, and I loved both.

  • Non-fiction books are in blue.
  • Books I'll be reading for book club are in italics or purple italics (2 book clubs)

  • Books to Read in 2011

    1. The Zookeepers Wife - Diane Ackerman
    2. The Lemon Tree - Sandy Tolan
    3. Three Cups of Tea - Greg Mortenson
    4. Zorba the Greek - Nikos Kazantzakis
    5. Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
    6. The Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
    7. Pirate Latitudes - Michael Crichton
    8. The Anubis Gates - Tim Powers
    9. Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay
    10. In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
    11. Icy Sparks - Gwen Hyman Rubio
    12. The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson
    13. Snoop - Sam Gosling
    14. Just Here Trying to Save a Few Lives - P. Grim
    15. The Real Grey's Anatomy - Andrew Holtz
    16. Room - Emma Donoghue
    17. 13 Bullets - David Wellington
    18. Thirst - Christopher Pike
    19. Runemarks - Joanne Harris
    20. Hit List - Laurell K. Hamilton (Anita Blake Series)
    21. Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse Series Book 10)
    22. Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse Series Book 11)
    23. Awakened - PC Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night Series)
    24. Misguided Angel - Melissa de la Cruz (Blue Bloods Series Book 5)
    25. Bloody Valentine - Melissa de la Cruz (Blue Bloods Series Book 6)
    26. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - Stieg Larsson
    What are you looking forward to reading next?

    No comments: