December 3, 2010

Friday Fragments: Cookies, Top Chef & Questions

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.


~ Sometimes, I wonder if I am normal. Then I have questions.

Like, when you bake a batch of cookies and it says that it makes 60, do you end up with less? Is it because my cookies are so big, or because we ate so much batter?

Or, how often do you get a new towel? I lived with a roommate once who used a new towel EVERY TIME HE SHOWERED. I cannot even imagine the amount of extra laundry.

~ Danny has been fussy and drooly. I am wondering if he is getting another tooth, or if it's just the tooth that's halfway in that's bothering him.

~ Speaking of Danny, he sits up now! I know, pretty awesome. He still topples over backwards frequently, so I have to watch him, but it's pretty cool. I can't believe he's almost 7 months old.

~ This year we're going to have our first Christmas at our own house since Sam was born. I am SO excited about getting a tree and decorating it and waking up in our own house on Christmas morning! I just can't wait.

~ I gave my blog a makeover this week. I LOVE that blogger has the template design feature now so I don't have to install a whole new thing and mess with my widgets etc. I'll change it again after the holidays since it's a holiday header.

~ Is anyone else watching Top Chef All Stars? I watched the first episode, and the first challenge was re-making the dish that sent them home the first time, only making it right this time. Harsh! And poor Fabio did not start the season off well. All I remember is the awesome quotes he provided last time - I used to use them as the titles for my recaps. Like "This is Top Chef, it's not top scallop" and "There is no reason to eat vegetable when there is meat and fish around." Incidentally, looking back at my old recaps made me want to write recaps again, so maybe I'll make some sort of effort there. Either way, if you're watching this you should totally be reading Amalah's recaps over at MamaPop.

~ Does anyone else remember that show "The Byrds of Paradise" with Timothy Busfield, Jennifer Love-Hewitt & Seth Green where a family moved to Hawaii after the mom died? I think about it every time I see him in anything. I think I liked that show.

~ Tomorrow at Weight Watchers I am going to learn all about the new points system. Gah! I am so used to the old one - now all the points I have memorized will be different. Oh well, they say it's better. We'll see...

~ Sam and I made cookies today and we didn't have many chocolate chips yet, so I dumped a bunch of colored sprinkles in them. Sam thinks they're "magic" and they taste Christmasy to me, apparently the flavor of sprinkles has that association. I need to get some cookie cutters so that Sam and I can make Christmas cookies. Yay!

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

The Original Bean said...

I think it's definitely because you ate too much batter. That would be my excuse, anyway.

Love Top Chef, but not a huge fan of Fabio. I haven't decided who I'm pulling for yet, but it's not Carla, it's not Mike I, and it's not Top Sommelier. I don't think it's Dale, either.