December 30, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: The Year that was 2010

It's that time of year again when best of and highlights posts start popping up all over our feedreaders. What kind of blogger would I be if I didn't have one too? But really, one of the fun things about blogging is being able to look back at the year(s) and read how I was thinking and feeling. So, here are my top posts of each month in 2010, then an extra that I loved to round it out to thirteen.



Top 13 Posts of 2010

1.January: The Second Time Around - At 22 weeks pregnant, I explore the differences between my pregnancy with Sam and the second, with Danny.

2.February: A Thousand Splendid Suns - One of the few book reviews I wrote this year, writing it and reading it now reminded me how much I like writing like that, and that I need to do it more often in the coming year.

3.March: Everything Changes, Everything Falls Apart - I write about how I feel when we experience our second layoff in less than 2 years. Bonus: read Justin's feelings on it in Being laid off sure feels a lot like being fired.

4.April: Suddenly, You're Four - My letter to Sam for his fourth birthday.

5.May: How I Had a Baby in my Bathroom OR "HeymomI'mcomingRIGHTNOW" - How could I choose anything but Danny's birth story for May? Bonus: read Sam's birth story, an oldie but goody.

6.June: The Weight - About my weight - where it's been, where it is, and how I felt after baby.

7.July: 10 Things That Are Just NOT Okay - A lot of times things are funny in my head, but I'm not sure if they will be to others. I managed to write something funny, and it's probably my most read post ever. 10 things that make my skin crawl - like pants with words across the ass. NOT okay.

8.August: The Hunger - Exploring how it feels to have a bad relationship with food, and the struggle I face every day trying to control my diet.

9.September: Pulling on the Past - After an intensely emotional dream about people I used to know, I write about how sometimes I feel haunted by my past and how hard it is sometimes to let go. Bonus: Unexpected Memories, a post about the memories that stick with me throughout my volunteer work with domestic violence and sexual assault victims.

10.October: 30 Days of Truth Day 2 - My Heart Breaks as My Blessings Abound - What I love about myself.

11.November: 30 - Portrait of the Blogger as a Young Woman - Reflections om my life and turning 30.

12.December: Baby Holding Days and Sleepless Nights - Capturing the essence of motherhood right now - a baby who doesn't want to be put down, and a whole lot of tired.

13.Bonus!: Boundless Blessings - Ending the year thinking about and revisiting the amazing blessings I've experienced just seems right. When Justin got his new job, I reflected on how lucky we really are.

Did you write a review post, or a best of post? Leave a link, and I'll come and read about how your year was!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

No comments: