December 1, 2010

Rachael vs. NaBloPoMo

Hi.

Remember me?

I feel like I haven't been around much lately. This is mainly the product of having an almost 7 month old baby who has entered an "I only like to sleep when you're holding me" phase. You know what though? I miss it around here. I think about writing all the time, and I have a billion half formed ideas in my head. I read other people's blogs every day and they spark ideas. I admire them and am inspired by them. So, how else to get back into it but NaBloPoMo?


Yes, that's right. I have decided that I'll wrap up 2010 by posting every day this December. The optional theme for December is Zeitgeist. Which I had to look up on Wikipedia to understand. The basic translation is "the spirit of the times" or "the spirit of the age." This seems appropriate since I feel like I've sort of entered a new time in my life having just entered my 30s.

Some days, I'll write about things I feel defines the spirit of the times I'm going through. Some days, maybe I'll use the writing prompts from the NaBloPoMo website. Some days I'll continue with my 30 Days of Truth series, which may end up more like 30 WEEKS at this point. Some days I'll get to all of those ideas I have floating around in my drafts folder and in my head. And some days when I'm not sure, I'll just WRITE. I'll write and see what comes out.

I hope it will be good, that it will get me back into the swing of things. I hope you'll come along for the ride.

1 comment:

Kori said...

My goal is simply to write MORE, and to comment more. I have missed writing AND my blog friends; you know how that is! I think of you a LOT, though, especially when Aubry is wearing the clothes you sent! :)