May 19, 2009

You know what they say about best laid plans

I was going to spend last night blogging. I have tons of saved drafts that I can't wait to write and publish. But, you know what they say about plans. I ended up spending my time doing something else that's really exciting to me.

A couple of weeks ago, before my impromptu trip, I was thinking a lot about how what I would really like to do is write. I see other bloggers I know writing for various websites and getting paid, and I have always wanted to be a writer. I considered journalism, but it didn't fit with what I wanted. I used to write poetry, but haven't been as much lately. I write some fiction, but where my passion seems to be now is here on this blog.

I sent a message out on Twitter asking for leads or advice. I briefly looked at some freelancing sites online, but they all want writing samples. Then last week, an online friend passed my e-mail and blog address along to a friend of hers who runs a small site to provide ghost written articles to various websites. I felt honored that she suggested me, and very excited.

I spent my time last night writing two articles, then sending them off. I hope that they're okay, I am a little nervous, but also really confident that I can do this. I can build my skills, and I know that writing these articles will help me improve my writing all around. I'm so excited, and I can't wait to see where this is going to lead me.

In the meantime, I didn't write anything for you all, and I'm sorry! If I don't get to it before then, Sam will be at the babysitter Thursday and it's possible I'll just spend all day writing, which sounds absolutely amazing to me right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds awesome!! Good for you. I'm rooting for you!

Valerie said...

Hey congratulations I hope it works out for you!!

Have a blessed day!