May 12, 2009

Long Days

The days here are long. I've been here less than 48 hours, but it feels like a week. Last night by 10:00 I was so exhausted I felt like it was 2 AM. Things are okay, but there are feelings catapulting around inside me like kids in a bounce house. I still have a ticket to go home on Thursday morning, but I feel like I'm moving through Jello or something, time is different right now, and Thursday feels so far away, but I know it will come quicker than I'd like. I have a billion thoughts that I want to write down, but I don't have time right now because we're headed over to see Dad. He's been in better spirits since he got new glasses so he can actually see, and got out of the hospital and was able to stop at home on the way to the skilled nursing facility. I'll tell you all about it later. For now, thanks to anyone who has been thinking of us or praying for us. I know you're out there, and I love you for it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

So sorry, sweetie. Thinking of you and your dad.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Still thinking and praying for your dad...and you, too!!

Mimi said...

I'm glad you're getting to be with your dad.

Still praying for you.

xoxo

Cynthia said...

You are in my thoughts...

Eternal Apprentice said...

We're thinking about you, Rache. And you're in our prayers.