March 3, 2009

We're Getting There

This week's topic for Heads or Tails Tuesday is "Getting There". There are so many stories to be told on this topic, so many different journeys and destinations to be reached in so many ways.

It seems like in life we are always getting there. Anytime we achieve one goal, reach one plateau, or triumph, there is another challenge just around the bend waiting for us. Sometimes people say that it's all about how you get there, but what would getting there be if we never reached our goals or destinations?

Right now I'm trying to get somewhere on a huge goal of mine. I need to become a better person, physically. I know that this will also help me mentally. I am currently in the middle of my 5th week on Weight Watchers, and I'm getting used to eating better and trying to exercise more. It's really slow going, and it can be frustrating... but I'm getting there.

I'm trying to find my voice and figure out where I fit in the world of writers. I'm trying to decide what direction I want to go in, and figure out how to nurture the voice I know is inside me. It's not always easy, and it's certainly not clear yet... but I'm getting there.

My husband and I haven't been able to spend enough time together lately. We have both been stressed about various things, and we have both felt like there isn't enough time in the day to get everything we want done done, let alone have a minute to ourselves, or to sit and talk to each other. I'm in the process of arranging weekly or bi-weekly date nights with my Mom watching Sam. We need to reconnect, and it hasn't happened quite yet... but we're getting there.

We're currently undertaking trying to get Sam to stay in his bed at night and go to sleep. Today he only got up and had to be put back twice. It's hard to listen to him cry. He doesn't go to bed easily... but he's getting there.

Life is a journey, where are you headed right now?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on WW. You can do it!

Barb said...

The beginning of your post reminds me of a conversation me and my hubby recently had about how we travel. We pick a general direction in which we want to go, then just drive. We have no planned agenda or destination and it's the getting there that we enjoy. The travel itself.. just looking out the windows.

Are you doing WW online or going in? Joining up with them has been on my mind a lot. Fear of failure holds me back.

It must be hard to stay connected for a lot of people these days what with the busy lives they lead. Best wishes to you and your hubby. It's wonderful that you're both working on the same thing. :)

Consistency will be the key with Sam. This is a horrid example, but we went through three or four very sleepless night while trying to crate train a new puppy. Now that she sleeps through the night, we see it was worth it. :)

Cynthia said...

Good luck to you!

I am trying to get my stock illustration site up and running. It's hard, since I'm not sure if it will fly. You hate to think you are pouring all this work into it for it to flop...blah. You asked;)

Tricia said...

Good luck with WW. I'm not much of a group person, but I have considered trying their online program.
Staying connected is always a challenge.
Other than loss issues that have come up in the last year my daughter always slept in her own bed easily, we just established a bedtime routine that we stuck to religiously no matter how inconvenient it was sometimes (pj's, snack & story, toothbrushing, bedtime hugs & songs, tuck in, blow kisses at the door, done). We had drifted from this some once she was in school; but with her loss issues from the death of her great grandparents we are really back into it.

Tabbikat's Thoughts

Tumblewords: said...

You have lots of admirable goals - Nice post!

Misty DawnS said...

This is a great post, and you are SO right - we are always trying to 'get there' to accomplish the next thing and reach the next goal. I wish you the very best with all of your goals!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Good luck!!!