September 29, 2011

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

Someone shared a beautiful post in my reader this week called "It's Not Fair." The post was written by Susan Niebur at Toddler Planet, who battling metastatic breast cancer. I've been thinking about cancer a lot lately, since earlier this month I found out that a good friend of mine has stage 4 breast cancer. I haven't read much of Susan's blog, but this post struck me. It's beautiful, and so true.

*****

Did anyone else watch Terra Nova?  I am pretty sure that they made this show just for me.  It's like Jurassic Park meets Lost meets wrecked future Earth.  I so love it.  It will probably get cancelled.  But I'm going to watch the hell out of it while it's on.  And probably own it on DVD someday.

*****


Yesterday, Sam used the potty in the morning before school then again before bed.  In between?  HE DID NOT PEE.  Like, at all.  What the hell?  Does this kid have a bladder the size of a watermelon?  Maybe he didn't really drink anything at school, but he drank like four glasses of water after school.  Aside from the weirdness, this is HUGE.  He did not wear a pull up all day and stayed dry, and went in the potty.  I'm so proud of him. 


*****


My friend Liz has a blog now called This & That.  You should check it out.  She is one of the most awesome people I know - smart, generous, caring, and excessively creative.  She has some great ideas and thoughts to share.


*****


I'm suddenly super tired and feel like I can't think, so I'm gonna wrap it up.  Hopefully I'll get to visit everyone's posts this weekend!


3 comments:

Gina said...

Don't you love Friday's?  Don't you love dry pants???  Yea for Sam!  Have a great weekend!

Teri M said...

I wanted to watch Terra Nova, but we just have too many other shows to watch.  I will catch it on DVD though - and I hope it lasts a while too! 

tettelestai said...

my cousin loved terra nova.  i didn't catch it and i am not sure it's my thing, but i am glad you found something you are going to like!