March 4, 2010

13 Things I Want to Remember

Sam, you are getting so big. I've been working on a letter to you, but there are so many small moments I want to be able to remember. So, here's my 13-item snapshot of you at 3 years and 10 months old.

1. I drive you to the bottom of the driveway to catch your school bus. The best days, we roll down the car windows, turn up the music loud and dance together in the driveway while we wait. Today you spun around until you fell down.

2. You call all mail, or anything in an envelope, e-mail.

3. I randomly bought you an Elmo doll the other day, and you love it.

4. You love to do puzzles, and you can do 30 piece puzzles by yourself suddenly.

5. Your favorite shows are Phineas and Ferb, Team UmiZoomi, and The Backyardigans.

6. Your size 3 pants are getting too small, and you're tall now - people are already asking if you're 4.

7. We have a bedtime routine, and you finally sleep in your own bed. When we go up, we read 2 stories then talk about your day. We go over what we did and then talk about the happiest and saddest parts of your day.

8. Every morning when you wake up, you come to my bedroom to declare "it's morning!" Most days I can convince you to climb into my bed and cuddle for a few minutes.

9. The other day during bedtime, Justin asked you if you were farting because you looked like you were kinda scrunched up/straining. You said "No I'm making bubbles in my butt" and Justin said "that's farting" and you said "No, making bubbles."

10. You say 'paloon' instead of 'balloon' and often pronounce 'basket' as 'bastek.'

11. Last weekend you started learning how to use the mouse touchpad on the laptop, much to our amazement. You're probably going to surpass my computer skills before you're 8 if you're anything like your Daddy.

12. Your favorite foods are hummus, mac & cheese, slices of cheddar cheese, chips and guacamole, rice and beans and of course anything chocolate.

13. Last night we were doing puzzles online, and you said "Good job Mommy. You're a genius!"

I'm sure there are 100 more things I want to remember about you. Every day, so many moments that remind me how much I love you. But, these are the 13 I remember today.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

5 comments:

Enz said...

Today is my baby's 13th birthday, I'm going to steal this for my blog and write him a note (since he doesn't read the blog!).

Thanks.

The years go by so fast, we have to hold on to as much as we can.

Kori said...

This makes me smile; great post today.

Unknown said...

Bubbles in his butt...I've never heard that one before.

Lil' This...Lil' That... said...

Aren't they wonderful?? I have 3 boys and they are my world! I wish I'd done something like this as they were growing up. You think you'll remember all those little things, but it just doesn't happen :( Thanks for the reminder. Your post brought back a lot of memories when mine were that age.

Mimi said...

How precious. I just wrote an actual letter to my son John who will be 18 one week from today.

18! How can my heart be filled with so much love & be breaking at the same time...