May 29, 2006

Has it really been almost a month?

I'm sitting in my living room now watching/listening to Mom, Justin and Keith play Donkey Conga 2, and enjoying my first wine cooler in over a year. Mmm... Strawberry Daiquiri... Sam had a bath tonight and is now sleeping contentedly and being held by Keith.

We hung out at home for most of the week except for a trip for me to make some exchanges at Lane Bryant, and a trip to the grocery store. We have had a tiring last few days. On Thursday night Sam was awake from 9:30 pm until 4:00 am and then slept for only 1/2 an hour and was up for another hour or so. Last night he was better, but we still only got a couple of hours of sleep at a time, and Sam was fussy and woke up every time wanting to eat. He's been sleeping most of the day, so we'll probably be in for it in a couple of hours. Luckily Mom & Keith are staying here tonight, so hopefully Justin and I will at least be able to get 3 or 4 hours of sleep in a row at some point during the night.

On Friday morning Sam and I got up at 8:30 am and actually left the house before 9:30 (a first for us!) to go to the Mommy Movie at Kirkland Parkplace. Every other Friday you can go and see a 9:45 showing of any of the movies they're showing with your baby/child. Brooke and Dave were taking the kids to see 'Over the Hedge', and it looked cute so I decided to tag along. It was pretty funny, and popcorn makes a delicious breakfast. Sam slept through the entire movie, but there were babies crying and kids making noise the whole time, and I'm sure I'll be going back! It's so great that you can go see a movie with your kid and not worry about it if they're making noise, although at this point Sam doesn't yet make any peeps so we can still take him to any movie showing we want to. Afterwards we went out to brunch at the Brown Bag Cafe (mmm), and gave Justin some much needed rest while we were out of the house.

Saturday we went and saw X-Men 3 - Brooke and I went to the 2:20 showing, then Justin and Dave went to the 5:10 showing and then we all had dinner and watched 'Hoodwinked'. X-Men was quite good, and there were lots of good previews. I can't wait for the new Pirates of the Carribean movie that comes out next month!

Well, everything else is going fairly well! I am going to sign off for now and go catch some zzzs while everyone is still up, we have to go to Bellingham tomorrow for a barbeque at Justin's dad's and will be a lot more sociable if I get some sleep tonight! More to come soon!

No comments: