December 20, 2011

Week 2: A Pleasant Surprise

Current Weight:   244.0
+/- this week:   -2.4
+/- total:    -22.9
Short Term Goal 1:   237.8 (5%)

I was pleasantly surprised to be down 2.4 more pounds at weigh-in today.  I had some challenges this week in the form of Bunco and then my Book Club.  It is always a challenge, but this was particularly tough since it was our holiday brunch and there was so much yummy food.  I felt like I ate a a lot, but afterwards when I thought about it I realized I only filled one small plate, and I didn't go back for a second plate, just a couple of cookies. I felt like I was eating a ton, but I didn't go over my weekly points, just used up the 49.

I think one thing that "saved" me this week was that I got a TON of activity points - 29 for the week.  I didn't do any strenuous exercise, but I did a LOT of low intensity walking around in the form of shopping and a visit to the aquarium in Seattle.

I'm feeling really good right now about how I've been counting all my points, even when I feel like I am slipping up, and that I've been able to stay on points.  Yay!  Hopefully this will continue into the new year.

The big challenge I foresee this week is that since Sam's not in school I won't be able to go walk with Danny, which is my main form of exercise.  For various reasons, Sam is not really a long distance walker, and I don't have a double stroller I can push them in.  I am getting a babysitter a couple of times in the next week just so I can have a break from the two kids, so I'll probably use some of that time to walk.

I haven't been on the blog much, and that probably won't change much until the new year.  The holidays are just so busy!  But I'll definitely post another update next week.

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  22.9 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%)
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Loss Goal: 107 lbs
To Go: 84 lbs

2 comments:

Kori said...

you rock. seriously. I love how open and honest you are, and am glad to see you starting this again.

Teri M said...

Nice job - you are doing so well I know you will be able to keep it up during the holidays!