December 28, 2011

2011 in Photos

Today I'm joining Jessica from Four Plus an Angel in a look back at 2011. The challenge was this:

Just create a post with 12 words or 12 pictures… a little year in review. Pick a word for each month of 2011 or a picture for each, or a 12 word sentence that sums up the year or a 12 picture collage, as long as it’s easy for you to put together and easy for others to read. 

I chose photos - some are my favorites because I think they're great photos. Others are my favorites because of the memories - the people and places.  Here is my 2011!

IMG_0390
This is one of my favorite photos, ever.  I had just gotten my Canon Rebel for Christmas, and this was the first photo that came out of my camera that absolutely wowed me.


IMG_1124
I don't take many self portraits.  I love this one.


IMG_1505
My family.


IMG_1806
Happy.


IMG_2258
For Sam's 5th birthday, I took him to the Science Center to the Star Wars exhibit - no Danny, just a special day for him.  We had so much fun!


IMG_3183
The boys and I spent 18 days in New Jersey with my sister, Lianna.  She is awesome.  They had a lot of fun.  See?


IMG_3520
Love.


IMG_3698
My cousin Emmy visited from Philadelphia and I love this shot of her and my sister - two of my favorite people.


IMG_7464
He is just so happy.


IMG_4064
Well, not the best shot of Sam's face (haha) but you can see both their costumes, and they're holding hands!


IMG_4107
The boys on Thanksgiving.


IMG_4360
This one is awesome because it's just how life is - the kids are distracted or wanting to go, go, go, and I'm trying to get a nice little photo.  I love the look on my Mom's face, amused at both me and my 3rd attempt at the photo and at the kids.



5 comments:

NanayGin said...

Visiting from the link up.  Your kids' smiles are all so bright that I can't help smiling as well.  Happy 2012!

Jdaniel4smom said...

We took our son to see a Star Wars exhibit too. It changed his life.

jessica said...

What a great look back, your boys are adorable and your youngest has the best smile!

Mellisa Rock said...

That first shot is super amazing! I got my Canon Rebel in Jan of last year but am still figuring it out. I stay on AV mostly but need to just go manual one day a week. Your photos and memories were adorable. 

Galit Breen said...

*Such* a full year! 

{And oh my, yes- i love the just the way life is pictures best, too!}

Happy New Year to you and your's!