December 13, 2011

Week 1 Redux

Current Weight:   246.4
+/- this week:   -3.4
+/- total:    -20.6
Short Term Goal 1:   237.8 (5%)

Well, here we are again.  Last week I joined Weight Watchers.  Again.  This is my... fourth attempt I think.  The first time went well, I was on it for 8 months and lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant again.  I've had a couple of false starts since then, and sadly I gained back almost 1/2 of the weight I lost.  I've been waiting until things calmed down at home and it was in the budget.  My birthday was in November, and my gift from my Mom was re-starting my membership and paying for the next year.

It kind of makes it a no-brainer.  I don't have to worry about the money, which is worth a lot to me since we don't have much.  It's been no secret around here that I've been feeling pretty shitty about my body, my diet, the way things have been going.  The times I've tried to go back, or tried to start counting again were really, really hard.  I was struggling.  Obviously, struggling enough that I didn't stick to it at all.

This time feels different though.  It feels like the first time again.  I made it a whole week, I counted points for EVERYTHING I ate.  No slipping, no cheating.  I went out to dinner one night & had drinks.  I had a piece of pie.  And it was okay, because I stuck to my points anyway.  I got activity four days this week.  Even walking around the mall slowly is good for you if you do it for two hours.

There have been a couple of days where I wanted to give in to one temptation or another... but I didn't.  And it was so much easier than it has been.  I'll be posting updates once a week here, like I used to.  It helps me keep track of my challenges, my successes, and my general thoughts about what's going on.

I had my first weigh in today, and there it was.  I lost 3.4 pounds.  I lost 3.4 pounds!  And it was all worth it.  I think I can do this.

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  20.6 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%)
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%)

Long Term Goal: 107 lbs
To Go: 86.4 lbs

7 comments:

Dawn Shew said...

Hell yeah. Me, too. LET'S DO THIS THANG.

Trish Haveman said...

I feel you on the false starts! Trying to get my motivation back to get rid of the last 45 lbs ... keep posting! And great job on week 1!

Enz said...

I honestly don't think you can.

I know you can. You do too, you just need to remind yourself. I need a motivation buddy - someone to check in with.....wanna be buddies?

brooke williams said...

You have a great blog!  And good luck to you!  Always a tough journey!


 


I have a blog as well, but I’m only able to update it when
big events occur so I can remember them later in my daughter’s life. 


 


I am a freelance writer and I was wondering if you’d be
interested in a writing opportunity I have for moms.


 


Email me for details: djforjesus@hotmail.com

Molly said...

Ok, you wanna know how crazy I am? Every time I quit weight watchers I do it online, and when it asks why I'm quitting? I click the "i'm pregnant" button so the computer can't judge me.

I'm nuts. I know. I need to get my ass to the gym.

Rachael1013 said...

FIST BUMP

Rachael1013 said...

That is crazy, but in a way that I totally understand.