October 30, 2008

Hai BOO

Haiku Friday

Halloween is here!
I love the kids in costumes,
their little faces.

My best friend's two kids
Mario and Luigi
How freaking cute, huh?

My little guy roars
A tiger this year, the last
>year it is my choice!

Next year holds something
new, he'll want to pick his own
costume, I suspect!

I can't wait to see
What he comes up with then - and
for the years to come!

Sam is 2 1/2 this Halloween.  I don't think he'll understand a lot of the Halloween stuff, and we'll see how he does with Trick or Treating.  He might think it's fun, but maybe just because he gets to run around outside at night.  I don't know if he'll keep his costume hood on or not.  I do know that NEXT year at this time it will be Sam's first REAL Halloween.  I know that by next year he will be excited about Halloween.  He'll look forward to trick or treating.  He'll want to choose his own costume, and I will let him.  If we can't buy it, we'll piece it together.  Maybe we'll do that anyhow depending on what he wants.  I can't wait.  So, I'll enjoy this year, but I will also look at it as a stepping stone to next year - to watching him enjoy Halloween that much more!

For more Friday Haikus, click here!

6 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, Happy Halloween! I really miss that holiday (for the sake of my kids of course!) ;-)
Enjoy the night!

Cathy said...

So true--kids don't get it until they are 3-4. But they still have fun.

Anonymous said...

When my older son was two he was tigger.

Anonymous said...

My son is 3 and this is the first year that he really "got it". We've had a blast with him...2 parties and trick or treat.
Happy Halloween!

Kori said...

O. is a dinosaur-and he loves the costume, but her really doesn't get it either htis year. He will when the candy starts piling up, though!

Korie said...

Aw, yeah, the best part of Halloween is the kids