October 1, 2008

Perfectly In Love

The Original Perfect Post Awards 09.08 That's right folks, it's that time of the month again for our Perfect Posts to get the recognition they deserve! I'm really glad to have participated last month, and to continue until the end of the year. 2008 will be the last year for the perfect post awards, and in January we have something AMAZING to look forward to when Lindsay and Kimberly will hold a special award where we can choose our overall perfect post. What a difficult task that will be - it's hard enough just choosing each month!

This month, I'd like to award the perfect post award to Casey at Moosh in Indy for this post about her husband, Cody. Here's one of my favorite parts...

"I was always cautious about admitting how in love with my husband I was. From the moment I met him. I knew people were watching us, waiting for us to fail. As the years passed by I still never proclaimed my love for him openly. When in reality I would squee internally every time his truck pulled up. Or every night when he would reach over to pull me close to him as we fell asleep."

Casey and Cody met young, fell in love quickly and married young. I can related to her. I met my husband when I was only 18 years old, we talked about getting married within a few months. But of course, we NEVER told anyone! They would have thought we were crazy. But we both knew we'd found the one. This December will be 9 years together with us, and even with everything we've been through this year, I find our relationship as strong as ever.

I loved Casey's post for a lot of reasons. Because I could feel her love for Cody, and the smile she must have been wearing as she wrote it. Because she shared something that showed that Cody feels the same way, and that kind of bond is just amazing. I always love hearing stories from people who got together young, knew they were going to be together - and are still in love years later. People can be so cynical in this world about relationships, love, and staying power, but there are TONS of success stories just like Casey's out there. It's truly inspiring.

So, for making me smile, and for making me think about the love I have for my husband, here's to Casey and her post. For me, it was perfect.

To see more perfect post winners, head over to Suburban Turmoil or Petroville!

1 comment:

moosh in indy. said...

So what's funny is we got in a major tiff with tears and everything just after I published it. Heh.
It still proved true though!
Thanks girl.
xoxo