June 20, 2008

SYTYCD Top 18 Results Show

I just got around to watching this week's results show. I liked the Shane Sparks routine (although Wade Robson is still my favorite!). When they showcased the four dancers, the three guys and Comfort, that was awesome.

Then Cat & the judges... Cat's dress was actually not too horrible, and Mary's hair is flat again... thank goodness.

Then we meet our bottom three couples...

Chelsea & Thayne (for some reason I called her Courtney in my last post... too many double names!). I really like Chelsea, so I was happy that she stuck around too. When Cat said "Jessica & Will, it's not you either" I said, "It's not them either? Oh fuck!". I thought they'd be in the bottom 3! I do like will though, so I'm glad he's sticking around another week. Susie & Marquis, no surprise there... I have never been a big fan of Susie. Chris & Comfort were the final couple in the bottom three, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised about it, I do feel Nigel's right that they haven't had much of a chance to show what they've got. My predictions weren't perfect, but hey, two out of three ain't bad!

One thing I really like is how they're having guest dancers on the results show. I could usually do without the musical guest, but it's cool to see different styles of dance showcased by really great dancers!

After the bottom contestants danced for their lives, I was thinking that it would be Susie and Chris going home. Susie just isn't versatile enough. She looked sexy doing her style, but I don't know much about if she has good technique or not, I feel like she needs to be more. Marquis solo was AMAZING! I don't usually love the solos that much, but he was great. Chris just didn't do it for me.

Then the judges made their announcement... Susie & Marquis are gone, another couple out and all of the other couples stay together. I am not sure I agree with sending Marquis home, but I'm not a judge, so oh well! Can't wait to see what happens next week.

No comments: