June 23, 2008

Movie Monday: Prince Caspian

I FINALLY got to go and see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie, Prince Caspian. It was amazing! I haven't watched the first movie since it came out, and I'd forgotten just how much I loved it. The visual effects are just stunning, I love all of the Narnian creatures, the centaurs and leopards going into battle. I love Aslan. There was pretty much nothing that I didn't like about this movie.

I was pleasantly surprised by the presence of Peter Dinklage, who is one of the main characters in the movie, the dwarf Trumpkin. I love Peter Dinklage, and he usually brings a lot to every movie he's in (if you haven't seen it yet, Death at a Funeral was excellent). He was just perfect as the grumpy dwarf, and I loved the relationship between him and Lucy. Lucy is my favorite out of the actors who play the Pevensie children, amazingly acted by Georgie Henley. She is just so adorable, but has this amazing wisdom about her - she's almost a leader among the children despite her young age.

If you liked the first Narnia movie, you'll definitely like this one, actually I can't imagine anyone I know NOT liking this movie. Definitely not for the younger set though, with the violence of the battle scenes.

1 comment:

Googling Goddess said...

I can't wait to see this. I have to wait until DVD though. :(