December 13, 2013

December 2013 Soundtrack

I'm still around.  I spectacularly flamed out at NaBloPoMo AND my 30 Days of Thankful, and then went radio silent.  Nice job, me.  The last 2 weeks have been busy, what else is new, right?  I'm trying to figure out how to configure my life so that I can find time to write regularly.  I have stuff to say!  Doing NaBloPoMo was a good kick start in a way, but there were a lot of days that I was writing so late that I felt like my creativity wasn't at it's best.  I need to find time when I'm altert and not just posting after the kids go to bed every night.

In any case, it was definitely a good experience, and I'm sure I'll do it again - maybe next time I'll actually succeed?  Today though, I want to talk about my current soundtrack.

I have been listening to more music lately even though I usually listen to audiobooks in the car.  I'm a bit worried I'm not going to be able to meet my 50 book goal this year, but lately I have just felt so much like singing at the top of my lungs.  The last couple of days I've been in the mood for Christmas music, somehow - despite the fact that I listen to it for 8 hours a day at work.  This is my theme song for this season:



I absolutely LOVE Sarah's version, but then I heard this on the radio, and oh, my heart!  Just when I thought I couldn't like Cee Lo any more... amazing.



Lately I've been having a newfound love affair with Maroon 5.  I don't know why that happens, re-discovering or finally listening to new music from a band you really like.  I've been listening to a lot of stuff from their last album, and right now, I am totally obsessed with these three songs:



Though I totally dislike the video... this video on the other hand, is awesome:



And I looked for a real video for this one, but it doesn't seem to exist, so you'll just have to listen.  I love it:



I am also loving this one, though it's prone to make me feel a sadness in my soul.



I've been enjoying that kind of music lately, you see it in my choice of winter song above, and in my calm in listening to this one.  I feel like I'm in the midst of some huge turmoil, and there is a quiet sadness about me. It's not bad, it just is.  And this music is my background right now.

This one is also heartwrenching in many ways, and touches me.



One of my other very favorite songs right now is this one.  There's just something about the saga-like sound, maybe it sounds like something from a musical and that's why I like it.  I have kind of fallen for Fun. this year, and this is definitely my favorite song.



On another note, today I heard on the radio that Paul Simon and Sting are coming to Seattle in February.  I'd like to go to that.  I feel like Paul Simon is one of those artists on my list of people I'd like to see, and probably won't get many chances for.  Maybe I'll be lucky and someone will get me tickets for Christmas.

Finally, let's leave it with my very favorite Christmas song ever, specific to this version.  Amazing:



What's your soundtrack like these days?

No comments: