April 10, 2012

Week 18: 10% Down

Current Weight:  225.2
+/- this week:  -1.4
+/- this round:   -24.6
+/- total:    -42.7
Current Short Term Goal:   225.8 (10%) - met!
New Short Term Goal:  217 (50 pounds lighter)

Today I hit my 10% goal.  10% of my weight, gone.  16% if you start from my heaviest weight of 267.  I got my charm ring and my 16 week charm.


I hung it from the mirror in my car as a reminder - this IS possible.  I am doing this.  I can keep doing this.  It's not always easy, but I've only had one gain in the past 18 weeks, and that's pretty good.  Last time around I didn't hit my 10% goal until 25 weeks in.  That's almost 2 months longer than this time around.  I got a ton of activity points this week, and that's my current focus - getting activity nearly every day.  I got 40+ activity points last week.  I walked today before my meeting, and tomorrow I'm meeting my Mom and 3 friends for a walk.  Hopefully Danny will cooperate and ride nicely in his stroller.  I'm going to start using my Zumba Wii game more and maybe doing some of my workout videos.  I'm starting to actually want to do it.  It's an interesting juxtaposition because I really HATE exercising.  While I'm doing it, I'm waiting for it to be done.  But at the same time, I want to do it because it's getting me where I want to go.  Next week, I will probably get my next charm - the 25 lb ring.  I lost another point today, so I'm at 35 points plus allowance for each day.  We took a really nice family photo over Easter weekend, and I decided it was time for a comparison.  So:


That's me in February 2009 at my heaviest weight.  I took 'before' photos because I knew I would want them.  On the right is me this past weekend.  Even though I still feel really fat a lot of the time... it's kind of crazy how heavy I was.  I can't believe I've lost almost 50 pounds.  How could I have been carrying around so much extra weight?  I feel slow and cumbersome NOW, how could I have been doing anything then?

My next goal is 217 pounds - that marks a total loss of 50 pounds.  I've only got 7.3 pounds to go to get there.  I think it will feel like a big deal.  I already decided my next goal after that - 213.5 pounds.  That will mark the halfway point to my goal weight.  It will also mark the least I will have weighed in over 6 years.  I've mapped what I think are good short term goals down below.  When I look at them like this, it seems so much more surmountable.

It's late and I'm tired and feeling really mellow and introspective, so I'm going to head to bed.  I'm hoping to be writing more regularly soon - I have about 10 blog posts floating around in my head half written right now.  My schedule is getting back to normal, so soon I hope to get them all down.

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  42.7 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%) - Met 1/24/12
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%) - Met 4/10/12
Short Term Goal 3:  217 (50 pounds down)
Short Term Goal 4: 213.5 (50% of final goal)
Short Term Goal 5:  207 (60 pounds down)
Short Term Goal 6: 199.9 (under 200 for the first time in 7+ years)
Short Term Goal 7: 192 (75 pounds down)
Short Term Goal 8: 189.8 (25% & no longer "obese")

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
Total to Lose:  107 lbs
To Go: 65.2 lbs

6 comments:

Teri M said...

Congrats on your 10% loss - what a great marker to hit.  Keep up the fantastic work! 

Enz said...

I am tearing up reading this. I am so excited and happy for you. I remember when we both first started and how hard it was and how for a very very long time you commented every day and encouraged me. You were a huge inspiration for me to never give up.

Enz said...

P.S. I meant to tell you - you look beautiful in that dress! I almost bought the exact same one a few week ago but decided horizontal stripes weren't good for someone of my height! Not my weight - my height! How awesome is that?

I just re read this post and I would love to give you a hug - you are just amazing and inspiring to me!

Enz said...

What??? Damn, I posted earlier but it is not showing up here...grrrr. My first post was just complete gushing and teary eyed over your success and persistence and remembering how much of a help you were to me when I first started blogging. You were my only follower for a very long time and you faithfully encouraged and commented and kept me going. I'll always be grateful to you for that and now..here you are :)

Ediehope said...

It looks like you really weren't doomed. You are amazing.

mary mattioni said...

Came over from Burgh Baby...YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!  I lost 30 lbs about a year ago and they came back...they haven't brought any friend yet.  I am starting Nutrisystems again as soon as I get my shipment.  Good luck and the goals are great!