August 4, 2011

Friday Fragments - TGIF!

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****

My cousin Emmy is visiting from Philadelphia. It's a short visit, but always awesome when she makes it over here. I'm looking forward to a really fun weekend with her and my sister Kira including a Phish show at The Gorge and a visit to the Experience Music Project in Seattle. Somehow out of all of our cousins we've managed to stay close over the years despite the distance and the fact that we only see each other 2-3 times a year. Emmy got here late Wed, then took the bus up to Bellingham from Seattle Thursday afternoon. We got to eat at Pepper Sisters and Sam showed her his trampoline. I'll try to take lots of photos this weekend!

*****

I saw these shoes on sale downtown yesterday and when I slipped one on they were just SO adorable. Still $40 on clearance though so I probably won't reunite with them.

*****

I've blogged here about how much I HATE Truck Nuts. If you still don't know what they are, or have been fortunate enough never to see any, check here. Well, it turns out that at least one person is on my side - Bonneau, South Carolina Police Department Chief Franco Fuda. He gave someone a $445 ticket for hanging those nasties on their car. I applaud you, Chief Fuda.

*****

I used to take a lot of pride in my nails. Kind of silly, maybe, but it's one thing I could do well, and I just like the look of some well manicured nails. Also, I MAY have a box with about 50 colors in it. Maybe. After having kids I stopped painting my nails as much, but now that Danny's a bit older and I don't have to worry about scratching him or him chewing off the polish, I've decided I want to have nice nails again. I LOVE the look of a French manicure and do them myself at home - super easy with manicure guide stickers. I have been experimenting with some other stuff lately too...

2 weeks ago - Sally Hansen Crackle over midnight blue

Last week - Pink w/black tips

Currently - Flat teal with shiny emerald tips



*****

This cracked me up.
*****

This week, I bought most of Sam's school supplies for kindergarten. WHAT? KINDERGARTEN!? SCHOOL SUPPLIES??!! I know. I can't believe it. He got a Mario Kart lunch pack and a Star Wars thermos and chose Star Wars folders too. I can't believe in only a bit over a month he'll be going to all day school three times a week.

*****

Well, it's almost midnight and I need to get some sleep so I have plenty of energy tomorrow. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. I may not be able to visit too many fragmenters until Monday, but I'll try to make the rounds!

7 comments:

Zemeks said...

I don't like that crackle polish at all--think it looks terrible.  I'm mentioning about the crackle on my blog on Tuesday. 

Kay Duncan said...

i am so glad your cousin has stayed close over the miles!!  that can be super challenging!

i love those sandals!!  i want some, but much cheaper ;-)  i also hate those stupid truck nuts.  i keep wanting to knock them off of vehicles :-(

wow, your nails are so very creative and nice!!   i can hardly keep the color on my stupid nails.  just not very good at that.

Doreenb8 said...

I am so excited you have a cousin from Philly!!  Tell her I said hello.  I hope you all have a great time this weekend.
I am getting together with 2 friends tonight I have not seen in 20 years.  We chat all the time with facebook and such...
I cannot believe some schools have already started WTHeck..
LOve the nails.  You are good.  I have to really take my time and there is always clean up to do around the edges...

Brandi. said...

Have fun at the Experience Music Project. I've always wanted to check it out. =)

I HATE the truck nuts, too! We actually have a few trucks driving around town with them, but our cops are too lazy to do anything about it.

My daughter starts Kindergarten next year. Makes me so sad...

Mrs4444 said...

Good job on the shoe-buying self-control. They ARE cute!

Kendall wore black crackle nail polish over teal for prom this year--I think it looks pretty cool, but my favorite of yours is the pink w black tips.

The truck nuts? Disgusting. I'm so glad that idiot got a ticket!  Um, just a little warning, though....in the next week or two, I am going out on a limb and doing a review of Fresh Balls. (Yes--that's the product name.) It could get a little awkward, though I will not be providing any scrotum shots. You're welcome.

Kristin_The_Goat said...

I couldn't agree with you more about those truck "parts" -- I can't believe that someone was given a ticket for them though.  It hardly seems worth it, but then again - BRAVO! 

It's fun to have something that makes you smile, so I'm glad you've started doing your nails again. 

Rachael1013 said...

That is hilarious. Fresh balls!