May 2, 2010

I'm Reaaaaaaady

Well, Danny has now been cooking for 39 weeks. This afternoon, we'll celebrate Sam's 4th birthday with friends and family. This will be his last birthday before he becomes a big brother. The last 2 days I've been having some contractions and been feeling crampy and generally uncomfortable and not 100%. I think my body is getting ready.

The crib is put together. The basinet is in our bedroom next to the bed. The blankets and clothes are washed. The bag with mom & baby clothes for the birth center is sitting by the door. The video camera is charged. The diaper bag is packed prepared. There is an infant seat and base in each of our cars, and we have window shades ready to be put on. The diaper pail is in place and the changing table is set up and stocked downstairs.

I just finished my playlist for the CD I'm going to bring with me to the birth center. Here's how it ended up:

Sway - Bic Runga
You're My Home - Billy Joel
When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss & Union Station
Answer - Sarah McLachlan
Angel Eyes - Jim Brickman
Let It Be - The Beatles
Return to Pooh Corner - Kenny Loggins
Baby Mine - Alison Krauss
Soon Love Soon - Vienna Teng
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
In China or a Woman's Heart - Kate Wolf
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Baby, Now That I've Found You - Alison Krauss & Union Station
Surrender - Various
Drifting - Sarah McLachlan
Lullaby - Dixie Chicks
Maybe In a Prayer - Solas

I have different reasons for all the songs. Some are just incredibly calming to me. Some have strong memories for me from my childhood and I find them very calming (The Kenny Loggins & Kate Bush). I'm also going to ask my Mom to bring her guitar to the birth center. And yes, that sort of makes me feel like some kind of giant hippie, but I thought it might be nice.

I probably won't be around much in the next few weeks, but I'll make sure to post when baby finally comes! In the meantime, I have something else up my sleeve starting tomorrow. If you want more updates or real-time info about this baby coming, make sure you are following me on Twitter or friends with me on Facebook. There are links over there in my lefthand sidebar!

Now, please... send me some good baby birthin' vibes! I'm ready to meet him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to start getting updates on Danny's birth! Sending all sorts of happy birthing vibes your way (or rather, what I imagine them to be, as I've never given birth)!

Unknown said...

Go Danny Go!
I love some of your song selections. That Baby Mine song...is that the one from Dumbo? I used to sing that song to my son when he was little. *sniff*