September 14, 2006

Success!

We made it to New Jersey! I am writing this entry in my Dad's dining room. We had a direct flight yesterday. Dad's plan of reserving a window seat and an aisle seat worked perfectly - we had a whole row with an empty seat between Kira and I for Sam to be in. He was so good on the plane! He didn't cry at all. He had a bottle and fell asleep before we even took off. He took a couple of naps during the flight, and laid on the seat and played and chewed on things for the rest of the time. On the drive home, he had another nap. Everything went really well. We didn't get to bed until pretty late because of the time difference. Sam initially fell asleep between 12 and 1, but he was sort of fussy in his little bed. He fell asleep and didn't want to eat his rice cereal before bed, and woke up crying at about 3 or 3:30. I gave him another bottle then he just slept in the bed with me for the rest of the night. We ended up getting up around 11, so I still got a good 8 hours of sleep with a few wake-ups. He doesn't sleep as well in his travel bed because it's a lot smaller than his crib, so I'll still try it, but I think he might end up in the bed with me for the rest of the trip. It's okay because the bed is definitely big enough for both of us. He's down for a nap right now, and I thought I'd post a little update. Lianna and Kira are making jewelry right now with the bead kit that I bought for Lianna's birthday. I'm glad she likes it. Tonight Kira and I are going in to Philadelphia and going to a play with Emmy, then either tomorrow or Saturday we're heading to Ocean City for a few days. It's rainy and gloomy out today, so hopefully the weather will improve while we're here - especially for the time we're at the beach! I can't wait to see everyone this weekend. I will post again soon!

No comments: