May 4, 2012

Welcome SITS Girls!

Me and the fam on Easter
I was so excited to get my email last week telling me that my day as the SITS Featured Blogger was coming up!  I feel like I just signed up yesterday, and the time went by quickly, but perhaps it's really just that time is always getting away from me.

If you're visiting from SITS, welcome to Scientfic Nature of the Whammy!  I am so glad you're here.  I finally got more time this week to sit down and write, and I'm feeling so happy.  This blog is my space, one of the only spaces I have to myself in life anymore!  I have a husband, Justin, who I've been with for 11.5 years, and two little boys.  Sam turned six on Wednesday, and Danny will be two on May 10. 

As you can imagine, most of my real-world space has been taken over by laundry and toys and little boy socks and mud and chicken nuggets.  This is where I come to get back to myself - to be ME again.  Though I cherish my time alone, I find that my relationships with my women friends are what really rejuvinate my soul, and that's what I do here.  Here, I can rebuild my spirit through writing and the community I've found online.

I write about whatever catches my fancy.  Sometimes it's prose, sometimes it's about my kids, sometimes about issues that get me fired up, and sometimes about my weight loss journey.  I love to read and share my thoughts about books - right now I'm immersed in the third book in the Fifty Shades of Gray series, and I'll have a whole big post about my thoughts on that coming up next week.

If this is your first time here, I'd love to share a few of my favorite posts with you!

My Journey of Faith - A short series of posts about how I came to be baptized on a rainy September day at 25 years old.

The WeightThe Hunger - Two posts about my weight loss journey that get to the heart of how I feel about everything I've been through when it comes to trying to get healthy. 

A Perfect Moment - I experienced a near perfect moment at my Mom's wedding.

Pulling on the Past - I find myself haunted by my past so often.  Some days, I dream and the heartache stays with me long after I wake up.

10 Things that are just NOT okay - Exploring some of my worst pet peeves

You can also explore the tabs up above to find more favorite posts, more about me, my posts about my weight loss journey, and a link to some of my photography.  I also happen to have a small nail polish obsession.  If you're interested, check out my little side blog, Nail Me.

I am so glad you are here!  Thanks for reading!

36 comments:

Favevintagefinds said...

 Happy SITS Day Rachael! Enjoyed reading about the origins of your blog's name! :)

Nicole said...

Aloha,
I'm so excited I get to be one of the first to wish you the very happiest of days.  If I bring the coffee can we hang out for a bit-- there seem to be so many posts that I just could lose track of time reading-- Following ya now and will most definitely be back.

xoxo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Alison@Mama Wants This said...

Enjoy your SITS Day, Rachael!

Erin said...

I'm visiting from SITS.  I also have 2 little boys (6 and 4)  and a lot of mud . . . must be a boy thing!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Happy SITS Day!   I've been here before, but you've got a new look!  Sounds like it's busy Birthday time at your house!

Blond Duck said...

Happy SITS day!  Fellow writer popping in to say hi!

Jenn said...

Happy Happy SITS DAY!!

angelshrout said...

Happy SITS day. Your kids are beautiful. I hear you completely about the time for yourself. That is what my blog has become as well. 

Momma Marge said...

Congratulations on your SITS day.  You have a lovely family...

Make it a great day!

Trish said...

Congrats on being featured! Can't wait to go read more :) 

Amber said...

Happy SITS Day to you!!

I'm about ready to read Fifty Shades of Grey!

Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers said...

It's wonderful to have connected with you! I am a writer myself--I wrote my first book in the 8th grade and published one when I was a senior in high school. Right now I'm in the process of completing my biggest project, an eating disorder recovery book (going on six years)!

CC Jen said...

Happy SITS day!  I'm totally stealing your A to Z Me idea :)

Barb - The Empty Nest Mom said...

Hope you enjoy the spotlight of being the featured blogger today as much as we all enjoy meeting you.  Happy SITS day!  I've just GOT to check out "Nail me."  I have a problem with nail polish obsession too!

Shannon said...

Oh, I just love it when the SITS featured blogger is one that I "know"!!!  Enjoy your day in the spotlight!

jamie said...

Happy SITS Day, Rachael! You've got a lovely blog and a beautiful family!

Julia said...

Congrats  on being featured blogger today! I am headed over to check out your weight loss posts.

Amy said...

Happy SITS Day! The tulips in your header are so pretty.

selfexpressionevents said...

Happy SITS Day! I blog for the same reasons as you--to make connections and follow my joy of writing. Wonderful to meet a like minded blogger.

www.girlwithanewlife.com

Christa the BabbyMama said...

Happy SITS Day!!!! I can't wait to read more about you and your lovely family :)

Jennifer Leigh said...

Happy SITS Day! Enjoyed reading about your new little addition to the family. Have a wonderful weekend!

Misssrobin said...

Congratulations on your SITS day.  I hope it's a great day for you.

I love your header.

Lucy McCracken said...

Happy SITS day Rachael! I can't wait to check out your blog and will be sure to read the "I had my baby in the tub" post. :)
You're such an amazing writer! I'm a new follower :)
www.findyoursparkle2.com

rachelcotterill said...

Nice to meet you! I love the tulips :)

Carlo said...

I'm celebrating in spirit with you, Rachael, on your special SITS Day today. 

I really, really love your blog. I love that it's not contrived and for me, completely relate-able and really REAL. I'm opting into your list (email newsletter) as I'd like to stay on board with you, going with you on your life's journey when you post. 

What a day for you and the Whammy! You go! 
Congratulations on being a SITS Featured Blogger.

Tanya Fierro said...

Congrats on your Sits day.  It looks like an interesting blog.  I can't wait to explore!

Shirley@motivatedmommyoftwo said...

Happy SITS day, I read your post on how your second son was born and I loved it. Great writing, I am your new follower and have added you to my RSS Feed. 

WeatherAnchorMama said...

Happy Sits Day!  Your blog is so refreshing.  You have a beautiful family.  I'll be sure to look around.  Please stop by my blog when you get a sec.  If you like, please follow and/subscribe.  Pleasuring meeting you.

Kate said...

Happy SITS day! Love the tulip header :)

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

Happy SITS Day!!! Off to read this bathroom baby story! ;)

Missy said...

Happy SITS day!!
I'm only stopping by for a second. I will have to come back and read some of your posts. They sound interesting. And you are a neighbor! 

Leslie said...

Happy SITS Day!  I can’t wait to read more!

Jean Lynd said...

Happy SITS day! I'm happy to have stopped by your blog. Keep expressing yourself & living life to the fullest!

Mz.Dolphin said...

Happy SITS day ~ happy to find another great blog throught the SITS =)

Audrey Busta-Peck said...

Happy SITS day! I'm gonna have to plum your GoodReads lists!

Ann Doley said...

Congratulations, Rachael for being picked as a featured blogger on SITS.  I enjoyed reading some of what you highlighted for your guests - "Pulling on the Past", "Ten (and 13) Things that are just NOT okay", "The Perfect Moment."  I also looked at the A to Z list and a few other lists (100 things about me).  I think I will try some of this with my students.  I really enjoyed your writing which, as always, is beautifully and brutally honest.