May 24, 2012

Friday Fragments!

Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.

Friday Fragments are the brainchild of Mrs.4444 and you can find more at Half Past Kissin' Time.

*****
I saw this at Barnes and Noble this week and realized I hate it when people replace the heart in I heart New York with other symbols.  Why does it bug me so much?  I'll never know.

*****



*****

Then check out Pictureless Pinterest on Twitter.  It is kind of hilarious.


*****

I updated our wall calendar, which is a dry erase board that holds 5 weeks, and the last day of school is up there.  AGH!  I am having a little anxiety because I had a really difficult time last summer with the kids and not having any breaks from their antics.  We have a few plans for the summer, and I'm going to try and get down to Seattle to visit friends at least once every couple of weeks.  I can't believe that Sam is almost a first grader.  It just seems so much older than a Kindergartener...

*****

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Justin and I get to take Saturday and Sunday off and head to the King Tut exhibit at the science center & maybe an IMAX - so excited!

9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

What does I "arch" New York even MEAN?

Heather ~ Acting Balanced Mom said...

I agree with you about changing the symbol... who would want to nook new york..

Tami Miller said...

Even though I love summer, I am fretting the end of school too.  My boys are in high school though.  Gotta love the teenage years.

Profwaynewsmith said...

As a tourism professor, I think changing that iconic symbol is brutal!

Mrs4444 said...

I can't figure out what that stupid symbol means! I can see why you're annoyed.

When my kids were younger, I had them help me complete their own summer calendars, choosing selected chores they had to do each day and including something academic each day. They actually seemed to enjoy having a little structure in their days, and I didn't even have to tell them what to do, as they enjoyed checking off their lists each day. Kids need structure, and without it, they get a little out-of-sorts. Good luck! :)

Rachael1013 said...

The arch is like the logo for the Nook e-reader... it's a nook reader cover. So it doesn't really MEAN anything... Ugh.

Rachael1013 said...

I look forward to their independence as teenagers, but definitely not to the grocery bill!

Rachael1013 said...

I like the idea of having some structure like that during the summer! I'll have to make a list of some ideas for fun educational stuff to do. And the 6 year old is definitely old enough to start helping with some chores.

Mrs4444 said...

Another suggestion I have is to invite the kids to come up with their chores--You'd be surprised what they'll come up with.