May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star. ~Edwin Hubbell Chapin

Me and my Mom, 1981

Me, my Mom and my sister, 1982/3
Justin and his Mom, 198?
Me and my Stepmom, or as I explain to my kids, "2nd mom", 1998

Me and my Mom & Stepmom, 2003
My sister and my paternal Grandmother, 2005

Me and Sam, 2006

Me and Danny, 2010
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving

No comments: