May 29, 2012

Week 25: On the Road Again

Current Weight:  222.4
+/-  this week:  -4.2
+/- this round:   -27.4
+/- total:    -45.6
Current Short Term Goal:  217 (50 pounds lighter)

Remember last week when I was all boo hoo because of the massive number on the scale?  Well, apparently some of that was water weight or something.  Being a female at certain times of the month can be a pitfall of the number on the scale.  In any case, I was SHOCKED at weigh in today.  -4.2 lbs in one week?  I lost the 3.6 from last week, plus 0.6 more!  Awesome sauce!

I did start getting some activity again, and earned 39 activity points last week.  I also went over my weekly points by 33, but I guess it cancelled out?  In any case, I am really happy to feel like I am back on track!  I've already earned 11 activity points - walked for 1.5 hours today and 30 minutes of it was on the uphill/downhill streets around my house.

Speaking of activity, the one complaint I have about the weight watchers app for my phone is that it doesn't really give you the option for intensity level like it does when you look in the pocket guide.  For some people, you reach medium intensity walking less than 3 miles per hour depending on how much you weigh and how out of shape you are.  So, it bothers me a little because I feel like sometimes I get less activity points than I would if I just looked it up in my pocked guide where I can account for my level of intensity/effort.  A lot of times I just use the one it says in the app, even if it isn't as much as I would have wanted, because then I'm underestimating instead of overestimating and that won't hurt anything.

Today I was thinking about how one of my goals for 2012 was to be under 200 lbs before my 32nd birthday (November 23).  When I look at my numbers now, I have lost 27 pounds in the last 6 months.  I have 6 months before my birthday, and only 22.4 more pounds to reach that goal.  Sitting here today, it seems completely attainable, and that is exciting to me.  I'll still be 40 lbs above my goal weight, but I have not been under 200 pounds in...  I don't even know.  7 years?  Definitely before I got pregnant with Sam.  I have also been doing pretty well on my goal of exercising 3 times a week.  I walk A LOT with Danny in his stroller.  I would like to start doing Zumba or something again, but it's hard to find time to do it with the kids underfoot etc.

5 pounds to go until my next goal is met!

Starting Weight 1 (Feb 2009):  267 lbs
Starting Weight 2 (Dec 2011):  249.8 lbs
Starting BMI:  41.8

Weight Lost:  45.6 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Goal BMI:  25.1

Short Term Goal 1: 237.8 (5%) - Met 1/24/12
Short Term Goal 2: 225.8 (10%) - Met 4/10/12
Short Term Goal 3:  217 (50 pounds down)
Short Term Goal 4: 213.5 (50% of final goal)
Short Term Goal 5:  207 (60 pounds down)
Short Term Goal 6: 199.9 (under 200 for the first time in 7+ years)
Short Term Goal 7: 192 (75 pounds down)
Short Term Goal 8: 189.8 (25% & no longer "obese")

Long Term Goal: 160 lbs
Total to Lose:  107 lbs
To Go: 63.4 lbs

3 comments:

Brieshon said...

So proud of you!! <3

Toni said...

This is my first time reading your blog, but I just want to tell you how inspirational it is. Way to go! I hope to follow in your footsteps as I start working on my weight, too. 

Nicki said...

WAY TO GOOOO!!  You are doing awesome!  I understand how hard it is to stay on top of it all but you seem to be doing it!  My motivation has gone down so much.  Have not exercised in a month and I was doing so well!  You may have inspired be to get my ass moving.  MAY have.  My laziness is nothing to be reckoned with!!  Congratulations!  And yes, being a woman makes stepping on the scale seem like a suspense flick each and every time!!