August 8, 2010

Day 22: Shout it Out! Readers I Love

I can't believe we're less than 10 days away from the end of the SITS BlogFrog 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge! I feel so inspired, and have so many ideas now that I'm excited to carry out. The task for Day 22 is to pay special attention to a reader. Well, if you know me at all, you know that I love lists. So I've decided to make a list of 6 of my favorite readers. Why 6? Who knows. It's my son's favorite number, so I guess that's my little shout out to him.

I love all you readers out there, but today I'm going to highlight a few people who have been around here for quite a while. These are people that have given me inspiration and made me feel welcome in blog-land by commenting and giving me support. They are some of the first people I made friends with in the blogosphere, and I think you should go check them out!

Audrey of Barking Mad
Audrey's is one of the first blogs I started reading, and I quickly became addicted to her honest, open writing, her humor, her daughter's adorable face (seriously, she is just about the cutest little girl I've ever seen), and her beautiful photographs of the Maine coast. She lives in New York now, but I've watched her struggle and triumph over these past couple of years, and sort of fallen in love with her. She has been around here regularly since we met, and it makes me happy whenever she leaves a little tidbit here!

Kori of See Kori Rant
Kori is another one of my oldest bloggy friends. She lives close-ish, in a state that touches mine at least! She also has a son named Sam, and another son the same age as my Sam. Kori has been so supportive of me, and I think she is an amazing, strong woman. She writes about her life, ups and downs, and opens her heart to the world. Despite the fact that she doesn't always feel it, she is a great mother and a pretty awesome lady to boot.

Megan of Newly Wed, Newly Bred
I love Megan. She ALWAYS makes me laugh, and she has a totally adorable giant baby named C. Okay, maybe he is starting to turn into a toddler right now. Either way, the photos she posts of him on her blog always make me smile. Megan is really into cloth diapering and baby wearing, and she has lots of giveaways, so I always recommend her blog to other mommies.

Shannon of Welcome to the Nuthouse
Whose house DOESN'T feel like a nuthouse every once in a while? Shannon and I share a love of many things, including Daniel Craig, Sweet Moments Bite Sized Brownies, LOST and Suzanne Collins books. She is funny and smart, and a great person to have around.

Mimi of Mimi
Mimi is a voracious reader, and that made me like her right from the start. Her blog is a sunny place, and I love popping over for a look around.

Todd of Iced Tea and Sarcasm
I actually know Todd in real life, he used to be my boss. Unfortunately for me, he now lives fairly far away down in San Fransisco. Luckily though, he has his own blog where he posts about San Fran, Gay Issues and lots of random stuff that catches his eye. Todd is awesome, that's pretty much all.

So, what are you still doing here? Go forth and discover!

9 comments:

Jane @ Number 8 said...

How lovely to meet some of your readers...
Jane

Shannon said...

Aw, thanks for the shoutout!

Now I'm craving some brownies. And Daniel Craig.

Ahem.

Mrs.Mayhem said...

Wonderful way to celebrate some of your readers. I like the way you gave a synopsis of each blog and the writer.

Megan Kelly Rayer said...

First, thanks for the shout out! You are way too sweet! And second? LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog layout! It looks great! It reminds me of spring, and fresh flowers and pink lemonade!

I've seen a few blogs doing the blog challenge, and I wish I had gotten in on it!

Todd X. said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Love the new look on the blog. Very Downy fresh. :)

adriel said...

hi rachael. i really like your new header - i think the flower and your tag line really compliment each other. and even though i've visited before, i can't remember what your side bars looked like before to compare... so i'll just say that i don't think they look too cluttered at all, and you've done well with some of the "essentials." :) overall, it's looking great. also, love this post... always love a good blog recommendation!

Barking Mad said...

Awww Rachael, thank you so much! It really put a huge smile on my face seeing this. Today and tomorrow are historically really crappy days for me and seeing this made me feel better.

I REALLY wish we lived closer to one another...

Audrey at Barking Mad

P.S. Disqus hates me! I'm not even sure it's going to let me post this comment!

Abadmarriageisfattening said...

This is my first visit to your blog, so I do not know what it looked like before the makeover -- but I think Todd X said it best and I agree with him, "Very Downy Fresh."

I enjoyed reading the 6 shout-outs you gave to your loyal blogger friends who have been supportive of your blog -- and have been reading it for a very long time.

Angela said...

I really like the new look, very clean. I enjoy your blog a lot, and am glad I found you through the 31DBBB. Good job with today's assignment!