April 8, 2008

My New Public Living Room

So, when I was in high school, and after high school, I used to hang out constantly at Stuart's in Bellingham. I would journal there, work on my writing, meet friends, drink coffee and yummy Wu-Wei iced tea, and attend poetry night. I loved it. Well, Stuarts no longer exists in the same form, and even if it did, I'm not sure I could hang out there like I used to, because anyone who knows me knows that I am incredible emotional packrat and it might cripple me with thoughts of the past and nostalgia.



Cut to today, and my new favorite comfy and local coffee shop:



This is The Black Drop Coffeehouse located in downtown Bellingham. Many thanks to Paul and Kira for recommending it. I'm sitting in it right now on a couch that is so oversized that I sink into it and feel like a kid, and drinking a kick-ass white chocolate mocha. I just spent several minutes overhearing one of the baristas talk to a customer about the new Ironman movie and a cameo by Robert Downey Jr as the Ironman character in the new Hulk movie. I heart this place.

Added bonus: I can come here to do my "office hours" on Tue & Thu because they have FREE wireless internet.

No comments: