April 21, 2008

End of Rope

That's where I am today. Justin's been out of town for six days. I am reaching my limit of single parenting a two year old, and I don't know how all of those single Moms out there do it. Sam woke up at 6:30 AM today. That is WAY too early. I brought him in my bed and we ended up both getting up together at 8:00, but I'm pretty sure he was awake from at least 7:30-8, and maybe before that. He's been fussy all morning, easily frustrated, clingy. It's all I can do to pull out my Mommy voice and say "C'mon Sam, why don't you come get your socks and shoes on so we can go to storytime?" instead of crying and yelling "Why is it so hard to get your shoes on?! You LOVE TO GO OUTSIDE!". It's only 1:00 and I'm about to ATTEMPT to put Sam down for a nap... hopefully by the time he wakes up the idea of spending 6 or 8 more hours with him today won't make me feel so exhausted. Also, he won't eat for some reason. He had like three bites of hummus, three bites of egg, and 1/8 of a bagel for lunch... And 1/2 a cereal bar for breakfast. Not much. The worst part is that even though Justin's coming home today, he won't be home until 10:30 or 11, and then he has to work tomorrow all day, so I won't get a break. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now, partly because I've been slightly sick the whole time J's been gone.

No comments: