April 10, 2008

Blahg.

I am sitting in my new favorite coffee shop, and I'm supposed to be working, but there isn't that much to do and I feel SOOOOO restless and distracted and out of it. I just keep thinking about all of the things I need to get done around the house, and how I want to sleep a lot because I keep staying up too late (dummy).

Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love my little boy and I wouldn't give up any of the minutes that I've had with him, but sometimes when I think about going home after having already spent all day with him, the idea of just sitting around my house in the evening and playing or watching Yo Gabba Gabba AGAIN makes me want to scream.

I have this desire to just wander aimlessly around the streets of Bellingham, go into little shops, go to Village Books and browse for hours, eat at the Bagelry and Ciccitti's and Stanello's, ice cream at Mallards and movies at the Pickford. It's weird how much things change when you have a kid and no moolah. It's what I wanted, it's still what I want. I don't enjoy many things more than being a Mom. But sometimes I go through periods where I want to be just me a little more often...

No comments: